Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdie all

My bike has been standing for a while. Ive been slowly fixing the bits that needed doing. Its never had an issue starting. But the old battery stopped holding a charge. Ive recently changed the battery; When I put the new battery in the bike started no problem After 3 weeks now I've gone to try to start the bike and......nothing.

I've checked the 30a fuse by the battery and it's all good but there is nothing coming through when I turn the ignition. There's no power coming through. No lights; My biggest fear is that its something to do with thr H.I.S.S

Can an one throw any suggestions in as to where to look.  (I don't have a wiring diagram) are there any other fuses or doohickies, do odds or wotsits that could cause this?

Thanks in advance

David

·
Registered
55 Posts
Morning David,
There's an additional fuse box under the left rear side panel by the seat.
Does the battery still have life in It?
I had a fiddle with a 650 a week or so ago, it had been sat a while, if the hiss came on the lights etc would still work, it just wouldn't turn over - flicking the kill switch a couple of times usually woke the hiss up.
After that I'm not sure.
There's a pdf Haynes manual here

http://ironbrothersmc.com/motors/Ho... V(Transalp)_'87-02_Service_Repair_Manual.pdf

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
It's unlikely to be anything to do with hiss.

Check battery voltage. Is there anything that could be draining the battery?

Charge the battery & give it another go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gents.

I just wanted to say thanks. Bike all running now :p. All it took was a new battery; a scraped knuckle, and the next door neighbours grandson learning a new word that he shouldnt know for at leasr anoter 10 years. Next step....MOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts