Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at a xrv rd07 over the weekend...i dont mind deep cleening..not so keen on touching up blistered or oxidised engine cases...certainly dont want any deep engine rebiulds...so with this in mind i would appreciate any tips on what i should be looking for,,i think i understand the output shaft and sprocket check but will take on board any futher suggestion.....also how easy is it to paint damaged or oxsidised casings...thanks in antisapaition.......i should point out i have had 2 rd07's in the past but they were immaculate

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unfortunately you'd be hard pushed to find one without some sort of corrosion on the engine casings even low milers,as said have a real good look at the wheels as they corrode from the inside out so check well around the valve stem hole and the spoke holes,when i bought mine the seller let me take the sprocket cover and front sprocket off to check the splines (easy enough job) so no harm in asking.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Frame paint Hammerite smooth silver, works a treat.
For engine casings use a hot paint, I posted a thread here some time ago about soda blasting. If you don't want endless hours of emery, that is the way to go. I used it on a bmw r80 and worked great.

But the thing is, it's an old bike,it deserves not to be concours If you know what I mean.
My old 07 has a few battle scars, I know where they are, but really, not to put out about it. And If I do decide to sell it, I wouldn't try to hide at all.

Oh, and it's got 98k hard miles on her :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts