Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I am looking toward a possible purchase of a dominator, however it seems to have some issues with staying running once started. Been a few people look at it with little success.
From what I understand the carb has been checked, coil and cdi changed from another running bike with no change. The loom has been looked at too. I am pretty handy with bikes as I have a stable of six other bikes. So my thinking is leaning towards the pulse generator may be failing.

Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
942 Posts
could be the pulse generator , I had one go on an xr250 a couple of years back ,
it would always start but once warmed up it would conk out ,
easy to check - find the 2 wires that exit the front rh side of the engine and run up the front frame tube,
disconnect the 2 pin connector and check resistance , should be between 420 - 520 ohms

also the cdi is a common cause of problems on these dommies , if the pulse generator checks out ok then next time it conks out try giving the cdi a couple of sharp taps with a screwdriver handle , if it springs back to life it looks like cdi , the problem with the cdi is usually down to dry joints on the circuits giving it a tap can temporarily reconnect them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts