Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well title says it really. I have a 650TA but seriously thinking of getting a RD04.
So I was just wondering what you guys would look (out) for?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I purchased an RD04 a number of weeks ago. Let me say that this was my first foray into the world of Africa Twin. My initial reaction to seeing the bike was..Great Bodywork. For me if the bodywork is in good condition that speaks to the life of the bike. I then focused on KM ridden, stop starting of engine and idling. Before test riding, I checked the brakes and oil, and tyres.

I spent a lot of time online looking up Youtube vids. This gave me an idea of idle speed.

I made sure that the bike hadn't been pimped. Originality is important to me. I only had to change the hand guards.

On test ride, I was listening for smooth running of engine. Up and downshifts, which I have to say is fabulous on this machine.

Brakes can be tested on the test ride, and are an easy change.

Check for the tool kit in the tool kit compartment. Bikes with Original tools are usually well looked after.

Service history is useful for sure.

Sorry. Pretty basic. But that is what I did.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
Check for corrosion on OEM wheels. Same with brakes althouhg it is inside around the piston that this is an issue. All the usual bearings etc, Fuel pumps can be an issue for the facet is an easy relioable upgrade. Anything OWM will be getting long in the tooth but if looked after is fine. Most importantly, check the output drive sfat for wear. Search the forum for info and check it. It will mean a full rebiuld if knackered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts