Honda XRV Forum banner

Lookit my new Caja Sahel Tup Box

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  j 
#1 ·
I took a half day todayin anticipationof my new Caja Sahel top box arriving. Of course, I had no guarantee that it would arrive today , but I took the half day anyway.

Got home and this is what was on the kitchen table

Out with the stanley knife and two minutes later

Then, as if he had been watching me in his crystal ball, Philip McGobnagle, the man behind Caja Sahel was on the blower to check that it had arrived.

Philip – “Hello Keith, did that wee package arrive safely?”

Me – “It did. You couldn’t be accused of under wrapping it anyway”

Philip – “Aye, that might have been overkill but I wanted to be sure it didn’t get damaged in transit”

Me – “No fear”

Philip – “Now, that top box is a bit fiddly to mount, what you need to do is….. “ (proceeds to give me detailed instructions re mounting)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it took about five minutes to mount the box and here’s the end result

I’m delighted, not only with the box but with the excellent service I got from Philip. It took about two weeks from time of ordering the box until today. It would have been here sooner had it not been for the powder coater slowing things down. Philip was extremely generous with his time talking me through the design and making the box my exact specifications.

The box itself is like having a safe mounted to the back of the bike. It’s a seriously well made bit of kit. That looks and feels like it will last for life. I reckon from pricing and seeing Zegas and all the rest that you’re getting a much better product for less money. When you factor in the excellent personal service and the fact that you get a handmade box to your own specifications you’re really on to a winner.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good mate, and looks like there is plenty of room in it.
What sort of price if u dont mind me asking.

By the way i was in your neck of the woods last week for my stag do (Clonakilty) what a nice part of the world.

#3 ·
Well done,looks very secure :thumbup:

who's this Philip McGonagle lad,I see he's up in Donegal :rolleyes:

#4 ·
WouldbeAT that looks like a fine piece of work like bazza i hope you post prices and all info as we should not be buying away when between us we can make better for less ime sure the people at caja want to earn a living and make things that are of use to us.oh and bazza no invite for the recy mech?

#5 ·
The box itself is like having a safe mounted to the back of the bike. It’s a seriously well made bit of kit. That looks and feels like it will last for life. I reckon from pricing and seeing Zegas and all the rest that you’re getting a much better product for less money. When you factor in the excellent personal service and the fact that you get a handmade box to your own specifications you’re really on to a winner.

Couldnt agree more :thumbup:

Philip is a Top Bloke to deal with,
My mate's panniers and frames are nearly ready to be fitted :D
any luck wont be too long before I get mine then:D
best built by far that weve come across,ad in the fact that they are custom made to your requirements,dont think youll beat them,

ohy yeah were getting them in the powder coated
FAST BLACK :happy2:

Tony K

#6 ·
Looks large in some ways and small in others. One helmet inside and not much else or can you fit two helmets in there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.