Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....I`ve just joined up by SPECIAL INVITATION 8)

(There`s a very good reason why...and I`ll tell you in a moment )

I hope you`re sitting comfortably,because this may be the longest introduction you`ve ever read !!

Who am I ?? -- I`m known to just about everyone as 'Tarka' , so that`s my Username here.
Probably some of you will already know me.
I normally reside on the UKGSer website...where I`m a Moderator and endemic pish-taker of all and sundry.... :D :wink:
I`m also quite active on a few other sites.

Where am I from ?? -- From the Wirral. A peninsula between Liverpool and Wales.

What do I do ?? -- I`m a Maintenance Electrician in a major food factory.
As well as that,I occasionally make custom wiring looms for Streetfighters,Chops and Trikes.
I`m also a Nu-Metal/Classic Rock/`80`s DJ !

I`ve been biking for 24 years and am a regular European tourer.
I`m not really an off-roading fan,despite loving big trail bikes,but I have done the Stella Alpina a few times....including getting most of the way up on an 1100GS in the blizzard and white-out of 2005 !

What do I ride ?? --- Hah hah....This`ll take a while....
I`m a big trailbike addict and own quite a few big trailies.....

BMW R1100GS 1997 Red,stock apart from Remus Viper twinspout can.
(Eyeball searingly clean,polished to death and painfully under-used)

BMW R1100GS 1997 Kalahari Yellow Remus Revolution titanium , fitted with 1150 forks,twin headlamp conversion and a few other mods.
(Bought to keep the other 1100 clean.....!! )

BMW R80G/S Monolever 1987 Known as the 'LegoBike'.
HIGHLY MODIFIED....Yamaha XTZ750 twin disc front end,homemade rear subframe 4" higher than stock, stainless headers,CCM alloy can, Acerbis 45litre tank,twin headlamp GPZ fairing,evil lime green and red paintwork.

Honda CB400F1 ( the original 'four-hundred-four') 1975 and modded by Yours Truly into a Frankenstein Dirtbike with DT125 front end,18" long shock absorbers and Polisport mudguards !!

MotoGuzzi NTX650 trailbike ( Very Rare ) 1987
Bought last year from the Stafford Classic Show for £500 !
Not registered yet and needs a few jobs.

Ural 650cc Roustabout sidecar combo. Year 2000.
Bought from a friend on UKGSer who had basically abandoned it and it was covered in surface rust,mildew,slime and cobwebs.
Now looks almost good as new and is used almost daily.

AND ALSO THE REASON I`M HERE......

I own a Honda XLV750R !

Yep...I`m the loon who was going to sell my babelicious Red/White/Blue XLV a week or so ago !
I`ve seen sense and am not selling it now.
I`d wanted an XLV for 20 years but they`d always eluded me for cost or distance reasons and just about 18 months ago I saw one for sale in Ireland on UKGSer....but I was in plaster with seven screws and a metal plate in my ankle following an 'off' (the reason why one of my 1100`s has an 1150 front end now,actually).
Anyway,the seller very kindly waited until I was more mobile,though still on crutches,and another friend,Henry Mawson, kindly drove to Holyhead and we got the ferry to Dublin,bought the bike,then came home the same day.

And I became the very chuffed owner of a very sexy RD01 XLV750R.

I`ve done a few things to it since I bought it....and I`ll post that elsewhere.

Hope you`re still awake :D :D :D and hope to meet some of you about !

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Welcome to the site
Wonder who told you about this site :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Welcome Tarka.
I'm looking forward to seeing comprehensive pics of the XLV.
There is a serious side to this which is that we can keep details of this great bike for posterity.
In fact as there are a couple of XLV riders perhaps we should set-up a forum for you guys to concentrate all the stuff in?
I'd love to collect as much info as possible on these great bikes.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mabel said:
Hello Tarka, very nice of you to join us I take it you are going to if not have already posted piccies of your bike so I will go and have a little look, if not then hurry up and show us what your lovely bike looks like.

Cheers

(Sharriebee :thumbleft: )
Hiya Mabel......or Sharriebee...

Thanks for that........HMMM,you sound rather familar.......

Once I work out how to get photos posted I`ll show loads !
In the meantime,my bike can be seen in 'Thibaud`s' Gallery....mine is the red/white/blue one with a green fence behind it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DaveS said:
Welcome Tarka.
I'm looking forward to seeing comprehensive pics of the XLV.
There is a serious side to this which is that we can keep details of this great bike for posterity.
In fact as there are a couple of XLV riders perhaps we should set-up a forum for you guys to concentrate all the stuff in?
I'd love to collect as much info as possible on these great bikes.

Cheers Dave !

I appreciate and understand the historical aspect of it.....gawd alone knows why Honda didn`t continue with the XLV...can you imagine how awesome an XLV1000R or XLV1200R would have been ?? WOW .

I`ve got a fair old collection of XLV photos and information,so I`ll gladly help when I`ve sussed the photo posting.

An XLV Forum would be fab....though perhaps a bit echoey with maybe only Thibaud and me in it.... :lol:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
hiya tarka :hello2: :hello2: you got way to may toys there dude im lookin forward to seeing some pics of them all its good to have another over enthusiastic member here :lol: :lol: :lol:

hopefully meet up some time :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Hiya Tarka,

Welcome to the site, and from that place that most of us visit.. know your 'enemy' 'n' all that ;)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
When he says his bike is eyeball searingly clean he ain't joking 8) . Can't get away from him anywhere

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mabel's Old Man said:
When he says his bike is eyeball searingly clean he ain't joking 8) . Can't get away from him anywhere
:D :D :D
( I`m sure I`ll find out who you are...........hiding behind that Username..)

Thanks for the welcomes,everyone ! 8)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Tarka said:
[
:D :D :D
( I`m sure I`ll find out who you are...........hiding behind that Username..)

Thanks for the welcomes,everyone ! 8)
They seek him here they seek him there............................

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mabel said:
Tarka, look at his user name then try to put 2 and 2 together

Of course !! I geddit ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts