Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i,ve booked the ferry and today bought a tent:( and a self inflating bed thingy :confused: not done camping for many a year and was realy made up with these new fangeled carbon pole jobs and i managed to get it all back in the bag:D i,ll be fetching the wine and cheese and i,m willing to trade for a brew:rolleyes: in the morning:thumbright:
So roll on the 23rd of April !!!! for Piel Island. Hope to meet up with Snaphappy in Calias and try and get as far north as pos Friday perhaps Birmingham and get a travel lodge. SO If anyone see a French and German reg Vara its us:thumbright: Oh!!! can some one book the SUNSHINE
Phil

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
my sister runs a dairy so if it's cheese you want consider it done :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oi none of that funny cammerbert

a nice wensleydale will do

Nope it,ll be Cantal nearest thing i can get to Lancashire tasty out here but i do like a Wensleydale:thumb:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my sister runs a dairy so if it's cheese you want consider it done :thumbup:
Cheers Stuart but a brew will do:thumbup:
Phil

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Cheers Stuart but a brew will do:thumbup:
Phil
No problem, in view of your coments on tasty lancs, I'll try to aquire you some acid lancs to take you back down memory lane. by the way where abouts are you in southern france, I ride to perpignan for summer?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, in view of your coments on tasty lancs, I'll try to aquire you some acid lancs to take you back down memory lane. by the way where abouts are you in southern france, I ride to perpignan for summer?
Much appreciated Stuart :thumbup: we,re in the LOT 46 about 2hrs north of Toulouse near GOURDON you,re more than welcome to call in when you,re passing
Phil

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
what times your ferry mate brum is only about 3hrs up the road?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what times your ferry mate brum is only about 3hrs up the road?
Get in to UK 16.40 so on the road for 5pm ..............8pm in Brum don,t sound to bad :thumb: find a T/lodge and eat and sleep !!! if i remember right it,s about 3hrs to Carnforth from Brum
Phil

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
oh right that sounds about right, except-
ferry or train? the time the boat docks and the time you get out of the ferry port can be in different seasons, and getting out of dover will probably be a complete b*****d, you might need to add an hour. never used the tunnel, so cant give any advice there.
you probably done it loads of times, sorry if im teaching you to suck eggs

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No never done the train myself !!! after 9hrs on the road its good to have a couple of hours rest on the boat !!! i,ll push as far north as poss to make Sat morning easier:thumb:
Phil

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
ive been on it (under it?) twice but on coach sharabangs from work so memories are a bit beer fuzzed. i remember the train was very smooth but dont actually recall getting on or off it or how long we had to wait. we didnt have to get off the coach. bikes on it were just on their sidestands, no need to be tied down or anything.

anyhoo, have a good trip

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers mate maybe see you on route:thumbright:
Phil

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
ive been on it (under it?) twice but on coach sharabangs from work so memories are a bit beer fuzzed. i remember the train was very smooth but dont actually recall getting on or off it or how long we had to wait. we didnt have to get off the coach. bikes on it were just on their sidestands, no need to be tied down or anything.

anyhoo, have a good trip
getting on & off the chunnel is quick & easy, customs (both lots) are before you get on. If you're lucky you'll get time for a quick *** on the carpark before boarding. All in all, (if you arrive on time) boarding, crossing & unloading takes about 30 - 40 minutes. You roll off the train straight onto the M20.

Bike is on sidestand, so YOU are resposable for it! there's nowhere for you to sit, apart from on the bike or on the floor. Apart from that it's ok.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi mate, just thought I'd let you know if you keep on the M6 for an extra hour after brum you'll be at Preston, then you could enjoy the back rd run via devil bridge up to the lakes?

·
Registered
182 Posts
And if your mates coming from germany get him to bring some braties and mustard, I'll be sure to have some tasty lancs and black pudding as a cultural exchange thing lol.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers FB i was born un bred in Carnforth so i know the area realy well and have thought about pushing it up to Preston so as to make life easier for the last push up to C/forth !!!! the 9hr run through France we be a doddle !!! the roads will be empty and i can sit at 150kph all the way BUT!!! the UK is a different matter !!!! at least i,ve got French plates on so that might help with the speed cameras:D:D:D:D:D:D
Phil

·
Registered
182 Posts
There's a nice quiet village less than 20mile from the preston junction, the village has 4 good pubs all on a mini roundabout and one that does b&b, it's a little place called Whalley in the heart of the Ribble valley.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you want to stop in brum we have garage, loads of camping space, brews etc. Not far from motorways. Don't know if going to Piel Isl yet but you'd be welcome anyway. PM me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Where is your mate coming from in the fatherland lol? I was stationed in Herford and Detmold during the late 80's earlier 90's. Nothing comes close to a night on german ale followed by a bratty lol,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts