Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NT650 (BROS) Rider
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! 
I have an NT650 Hawk GT ... What you guys call a "BROS". Has anyone mated the xrv750 motor to the BROS frame? 樂

I just returned home from a four-day trip in the high Sierra Mountains for the West Coast Hawk Rally (WCHR) and inspired to get more power in my bike. Fellas here have chatted up the possibility of stuffing the 750 engine as one possibility.

This is my baby! 

Haven't seen any XRV motors about for quite some time ... Been looking on eBay and craigslist ... Then thought about this Forum. Are these rare? I'm totally ignorant about this .... Any help on the model years that may fit?

Thx!! 

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome J

Very nice looking bike you have there

Reactions: Jspeed53

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The Bro was (is) definitely a great bike. Perhaps a few decades too early. But that's been Honda's trademark for a long time. Visionaries don't necessarely get trophies.
You won't get much gain by using a 750 motor. But you sure will notice an increase in vibrations. Aren' there a few shops in the US that specialize in Bros and have pistons/cams kits for your engine? Seeing how modded your Bro is, I am sure it could be your solution.

BTW I clearly remember that at the end of the 1980s some Bros were built with a turbo located UNDER the engine for racing. Check that too.

·
NT650 (BROS) Rider
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooohhhh!!! .... a Turbo! I didn't know about that one. That's gotta be really expensive.

Anywho ... Thanks Mr. Massive Lee!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Oooohhhh!!! .... a Turbo! I didn't know about that one. That's gotta be really expensive.
And I saw a pair of turbo-enhanced Hakws at a Montreal bike show circa 1990

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts