Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm busy translating a guitar manual into french & am struggling with some of the technical language, i've got "neck" & "string", "acoustic" "fret" & even "pick up" without too much bother but I thought that any of you that were bored on a sunday afternoon might like to have a go at translating this for me, just to see who comes up with the best...

"To adjuste the truss rod, locate the truss rod nut and adjust it by inserting the correct wrench into the nut & tighteneing (clockwise) or loosening (anticlockwise) the rod."

I havn't got an ephin clue as to what it means in engrish, but I gotta translate it...!:D

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Basically coutsesy of babelfish

À l'adjuste la tige de botte, plac l'écrou de tige de botte et l'ajustent en insérant la clé correcte dans le & d'écrou ; tighteneing (dans le sens des aiguilles d'une montre) ou desserrage (en sens inverse des aiguilles d'une montre) de la tige

translate it back and you get
With l' adjuste the stem of boot, plac l' nut of stem of boot and l' adjust while inserting the correct key in the & d' nut; tighteneing (in the direction of the needles d' a watch) or loosening (in opposite direction of the needles d' a watch) of the stem

merv

·
Registered
250 Posts

I just spent 15 minutes typing a little tutorial on truss rods for you, then I re read your post and realised that you are translating from english into french.

:error::error:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just spent 15 minutes typing a little tutorial on truss rods for you, then I re read your post and realised that you are translating from english into french.

:error::error:
aw, thanks anyway Dave, I do find it helps, when translating technical information, to understand what it's for & how it works before translating. Usually a few minutes on the web will provide sufficient info for my purposes. A while ago I translated a number of patent documents pertaining to cam chain tensioning devices, now THAT took some research & I learnt a LOT...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts