Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a 'Perfect Day', in fact far from it.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Very sad, but not surprising. I remember standing outside the Stage Door of a London Theatre prior to one of the Amnesty International Secret Policeman's Balls (remember them?) in around 1987 and Lou was ( literally) walked in on the arms of two aides. He was white as a sheet and looked half dead even then. I've been expecting this news ever since :(. A real talent and a sad loss.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
RIP Lou Reed, hmm secret ploicemans ball , only ever saw the film of that, would have been great to be there

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have a couple of his albums hear . great artist god rest him he used to ride a silver Harley-davidson fat boy back in 1990 the first one with the yellow stripe just under the rocker boxes . so he was a bike rider in case you people didn't know that :thumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Tragic.
I suppose life catches up but he had straightened himself up a long while back.
Last thing I heard he was shacked up with Laurie Anderson.
Imagine the breakfast table chat in that household.
'Heroin' is my favourite Lou song, powerful, scary and so glamorous.
Note, I do not glamorise Heroin addiction.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Tragic.
I suppose life catches up but he had straightened himself up a long while back.
Last thing I heard he was shacked up with Laurie Anderson.
Imagine the breakfast table chat in that household.
'Heroin' is my favourite Lou song, powerful, scary and so glamorous.
Note, I do not glamorise Heroin addiction.
Too many to pick just one but I (still) love the Velvet Underground banana album. Pale Blue Eyes and Sunday Morning are faves of mine but there are SOS many others. Nico was a brilliant artiste too, lost far too young.

·
Registered
773 Posts
RIP Lou.

I remember buying New York for my sis when it came out - another great album of his - must go and borrow it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts