Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first message here. Just bought a Africa Twin in nice shape only with 29 000km from 95. It was a nice catch, indeed.
Since this is my first bike and my experience with bikes is limited to occasionally rides, I found myself in troubles thanks to fuel starvation, for two times already.

I made some research regarding XVR's pros and cons, and fuel pump is one of few problems that this bike has.
Since I would like to protect both the pump and myself of empty tanks, was told to me that there's a component that automatically switch to the reserve tank when it's needed. It has a light that can be fitted in dash.

Do you know which component is this one?

Thanks,

Carlos

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Hi,

This is my first message here. Just bought a Africa Twin in nice shape only with 29 000km from 95. It was a nice catch, indeed.
Since this is my first bike and my experience with bikes is limited to occasionally rides, I found myself in troubles thanks to fuel starvation, for two times already.

I made some research regarding XVR's pros and cons, and fuel pump is one of few problems that this bike has.
Since I would like to protect both the pump and myself of empty tanks, was told to me that there's a component that automatically switch to the reserve tank when it's needed. It has a light that can be fitted in dash.

Do you know which component is this one?

Thanks,

Carlos

The kit was made by Africa Queens in Germany; I'm not sure if what you are after is still in production.

Have a look here...

Tank-Zubehör / Tank-Accessories - Artikel - AfricanQueens - EnduroSpecial Parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts