Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
I have an FX 650 Vigor,and have just got it on the road.The problem I have is that it coughs a bit on low revs,say at 30 mph through villages.
It has a flat spot which is very annoying as it makes slow corners difficult as it happens when trying to drive the corner.
Basically, minimum throttle riding is not good,but when the throttle is opened,it goes well. It is worse in the mornings when it is a bit cooler.
It has done 18'000 miles,and has been standing for a couple of years,but I have run it a lot recently,as my van has broken down and I am going to work on it. For this reason,I need to ask advise rather than strip down and service,as I haven't got the time,so if anyone can come up with an idea as to the problem just to last me until I can properly service it.(so plug,filters etc are all old!!! ......that will make diagnosis easy;);)
Pogo

·
Loomesy
105 Posts
I would suggest removing the carb, stripping it and cleaning it,especially the jets...this is a bit of a bugger to do though as you need to remove the tailpiece, and airbox for easiest access to the carb.

Enjoy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts