Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With The Pope about to arrive in Malta, I'm attempting to persuade a Friendly Native to seriously consider the purchase of a TA.
Seat height too high for Friendly Native.
Apart from a lower/thinner seat and this lowering device ...

VH Motorradtechnik Shop - Honda
Any of you lot know of lower alternatives ?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Just how short is this native (lilliput or munchkin size?)??

You can drop the rear spring so the bike goes down about 2-3 inches, drop the forks through the clamps a couple of inches and get a low seat which will give you about 2-3 inches ,how much more would he/she need?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
It's all in the handbook but basically there are two adjustable nuts on the threaded shock absorber at the top. moving them down one at a time raises the bike, moving them up lowers the bike. there is a tool to do it in the toolkit but it's a tricky fiddly job. It can be done by using a long drift to undo the top one to get it loose and then unwinding it by hand then the same with the second while the bike is up on it's centre stand or something to release the pressure form the spring,.then do up the top one to lock them in place.
The ride height is set at the factory about in the middle, you can raise it or lower it to your taste and requirements.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks mate,

I will look at it tomorrow (just dropped the bike this afternoon :) ).
Book? you mean the Hynes book? or the manual that comes with the bike? I dont remember I have seen such a thing in both.

regards,
awsi

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. btbloke,

Thank you for your advice and the benefit of your experience.

Diminutively legged Restless Native was today biffed off of his BMW by a careless car driver. Fortunately all low speed and minor bruises, minimum of damage.

Let's All Be Careful Out There !

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
thanks mate,

I will look at it tomorrow (just dropped the bike this afternoon :) ).
Book? you mean the Hynes book? or the manual that comes with the bike? I dont remember I have seen such a thing in both.

regards,
awsi
It should be in the handbook if the bike has the facility to be adjusted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts