Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a vertically challenged 5’7 90kg with 30” inside leg I might need to lower my (new to me)Xr400r a tad!
ive bought a second hand seat and will be sending it off to get the foam shaved down a bit and a new seat cover but think it might not be enough!
Was considering a lowering link but it seems you can’t get one in the uk(unless you know different) anyone got a second hand one lying around or a Uk source for one?
Been checking out info on setting my sag properly and will check that out while waiting on my seat to be done.
Alex W

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think its only me and you left on here with the XR400, cant help you with the lowering link but can say my mate had one on his years ago and had no problems with it just got to slide the forks up the same amount the rear drops. so set up the suspension as it should be, then measure between two fixed points, fit the lowering link and measure again to find out how much its dropped

·
Registered
12 Posts
Being a vertically challenged 5’7 90kg with 30” inside leg I might need to lower my (new to me)Xr400r a tad!
ive bought a second hand seat and will be sending it off to get the foam shaved down a bit and a new seat cover but think it might not be enough!
Was considering a lowering link but it seems you can’t get one in the uk(unless you know different) anyone got a second hand one lying around or a Uk source for one?
Been checking out info on setting my sag properly and will check that out while waiting on my seat to be done.
Alex W
I’ve got a link currently fitted to my bike I will be removing it’s done 117 miles.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I’ve got a link currently fitted to my bike I will be removing it’s done 117 miles.
How much does it lower the bike by I'm sure I'm shrinking i can never remember my XR being so tall when i first bought it

·
Registered
12 Posts
How much does it lower the bike by I'm sure I'm shrinking i can never remember my XR being so tall when i first bought it
I don’t know but I can measure the seat height, the bikes on a standard side stand, just! The link is apparently from the USA and looks identical to the one in the link earlier in this post.
Open to offers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts