Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Trouble with this sort of thing is the amount of money it takes to do it with off the shelf kit. Bet touratech will have something, but it'll set you back hundreds:(
I suppose it depends how much camping your planning on doing, but IMHO unless your off over Africa, cheep chuckovers and a sports bag cope quite well. At least they've managed for me over the years and I get away on average 5 times a year.;)
Just my opinion, and I am a registered skinflint:eek: :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think mine is a Ventura Rack , it was on the bike when I got it , but the bag I have for the rack is unreal , it expands out etc and can fit heaps of stuff in it.

S

·
0 Posts
i have panniers for my @ and have always thought about buying/making frames for the dommie to be able to take lots of gear. Always end up deciding not to spend money on the dommie on stuff like that just essentials like oil etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with Squirrel, and I too usually carry a 70l bag (North face Duffel) which is completely waterproof, and extremely strong - and takes a lot of stuff (90l exists too). Also, you can fix it easy on the rear of the seat + existing rack without overweighting the end frame of the bike.
Don't forget that two boxes + top case weight a lot, and put a lot of strain on the frame (particularly the lower triangle, which is the weakest point)
Also, hard luggage changes the handling significantly, and it's not so much fun when you want to tackle mountain roads and have to negotiate pin after pin. Believe me, Last advantage of the Duffel is that it is a comfortable backrest !!

S

·
0 Posts
thats a good point about the stress. I have got round to fitting a top box so i suppose a duffle bag that fits between it and me would be good and a lovely back rest!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts