Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since she came under my tender care I'd kept a trip record of the miles I've done on Nessie, and today we went over the 1K mark (bottom figure).

maiclockl.jpg

Not much by XRV standards, but all the same it felt like a milestone to me.

Went out on a short ride today. Chris came round on his new Transalp. He'd been thinking of calling the bike Hamish, to reflect the fact that the bike was hijacked from Scotland. But on arriving today he said ' I've decided to call him Brian. Every time I feel the urge to go fast, he just tells me 'Hey man, what's the rush?' (true Magic Roundabout devotees will understand this :D) . Chris's main motivation in going for the TA was the sure and certain knowledge that continuing to ride everywhere on the blade was going to lead to either licence or life annihilati on. Now he is truly loving the leisurely pace that he feels the TA encourages.

All I know is that Nessie has never felt any need to hurry :thumbup:

Reactions: AckAckFlack

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
1000 miles? - my average weeks travel....

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Lou,

Ignore Sean :D:D

Keep at it girl :thumbright:

Nice meeting you again at the National ( briefly ) :cool:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
But on arriving today he said ' I've decided to call him Brian. Every time I feel the urge to go fast, he just tells me 'Hey man, what's the rush?' (true Magic Roundabout devotees will understand this :D) .
thank god he did not call it zebedee .:D:D:D:D:D

just keep racking up them miles.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Lulu,you're 50 mile ahead of me ! I put new clocks on my hack in July and it now has 950 on it. Let's, you an I see what we have this time next year ? Lowest buys the drinks ? :D Pleased Chris is happy with the Tranny too.:thumbup:

Nice to meet you at last. :icon_smile:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And you too Soho, the sidecar is terrific.950 since July with surgery to boot is pretty impressive. But drinks deffo on you next time! Lou .

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Good to meet you too.... sorry it was so brief.
probably not the first woman to say something like that....:)

well done you! keep that clock ticking now, u hear...?:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts