Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been here a while now, waiting for madame to come home from work.

no, not pissed. a couple of hours ago having got the twins up & put one of them back in bed (they're both ill with gastro enteritis) I drew the curtains & Bam, me back went. I've managed to crawl downstairs, N°1 daughter has managed the twins & has passed me the laptop here on the livingroom floor!

I'm just waiting for madame to get home from work to take me to the docs...

I'm only on here to try & take my mind off the pain

it's not helping much...:toothy3:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
oh moon so sorry to hear that...had two slipped disk and know how painful it is....hope it gets better real soon!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bad news Moon :( but at least here in FR you should get it sorted quick
Phil

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12 injections & a massage! just the job. I'm going to be off work for a couple of days but it's much better now. The problem is not a slipped disc though, as I understand it, the tunnel through which passes my spinal cord is a bit on the narrow side, a nerve rubs on the tunnel (due to the bottom two discs being completely crushed) that hurts & creats an inflamation, which reduces available space which excacerbates the problem...

I just need a back transplant & I'll be fine...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I once put my back out while playing pool, I just bent forward to take a shot and my back went.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Argghhh Moon i feel for ya mate , I did something to my back picking up a empty fish box in StMalo once, it did not seem to bad , next morning it was agony, i had driven too Les sables D, ollonne, gone too bed, it took me 20 minutes too crawl out of the bunk
merv

·
Registered
24 Posts
hope your feeling better.my disc exploded lots of pain had to be tied on a 8 foot plank put on pickup took home had op off work for 3 monthes I now have a magnetic belt it aides blood flow . it does help

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well a bit better today, I can sit & stand & move about a bit, though i'm swallowing muscle relaxants & codeine in doses more adapted to treating large 4 legged mammals...

I have to go to work saturday if ever I can make it, even if i can only be there in an advisory capacity...

if I don't go to work saturday i shan't be able to justify & 300k round trip on the bike Sunday to Dijon for "les coupes Moto legendes"...

wifey say's a shan't go, we'll see...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Best of luck Moon :thumbup: hope it gets right for the weekend for you, those painkillers are ace :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yeh best of luck mate. I've suffered with back problems for about 20 years now, they can be really crippling, try to keep mobile is my best advice. But take it easy!

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
better today thanks guys, took me 1/2 an hour to get out of bed, but has now freed up some. I managed the 600yrd round trip to the bakers without too much pain.

plan is to keep it mobile today, without stressing it, so's I can work tomorrow.

It's the stupidest things isn't it? I actually did it opening the curtains :toothy1:
:confused:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
better today thanks guys, took me 1/2 an hour to get out of bed, but has now freed up some. I managed the 600yrd round trip to the bakers without too much pain.

plan is to keep it mobile today, without stressing it, so's I can work tomorrow.

It's the stupidest things isn't it? I actually did it opening the curtains :toothy1:
CURTAINS!!!!!!! you not got VOLETS (shutters....for the UKers) up there:D
Phil

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The trick is to leave them closed or get someone else to open and close them. You could get them fitted with electric motors so you only need to push a button, although that my break your finger.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I wouldn't put too much thought into that, if reaching for the curtains has thrown your back out then it was obviously ready to go so it would have been something else equally as daft.

I once put my shoulder out ripping cling film, admitedly it was a dodgy shoulder to start with (need operation) but the p!ss taking still ensued :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Im still recovering from my op, generally its ok but sleeping on my side hurts toooooo much, look after your back its the only one you got :D :thumbright: good excuse to get the wife to give you a massage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts