1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I like the bit about it just causing an inconvenience and that NO arrests were made.
It proves that a demonstration can go properly.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hundreds of motorcyclists protesting over the record price of petrol staged a go-slow on the M62 into Manchester.

BBC News - M62 bikers arrive in Manchester in fuel prices protest

How stupid, British logic.... all get together and go for a ride too...................................................

Protest about fuel prices by burning more of it for the sake of it, meaning you have to buy more to get home:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A well worthwhile protest...

The government will be laughing their asses off

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We did that when compulsory helmets came in. M4 into London, helmets off, going to Earls Court motorcycle show. We started picking up bikes about 20 miles out. I remember looking back and there bikes a far as i could see. Awesome.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My gripe about petrol price is the erratic way it's sold. Tesco at Huntingdon £121.9 ltr, Tesco Ely £118.9 ltr. Same outlet only a few miles apart WHY? Today I stopped at a Shell station to fill the car up £119.9 ltr (why the bloody .9 it's taking the pee) I asked why he was so cheap compared to the others around and he replied thus 'at this price people come and fill up which is good for me, if I am too much people just buy a fivers worth and look for cheaper' needless to say he was of Asian persuasion. Let's face it they are having a laugh and seeing what they can get away with. Best protest is to boycott brand by brand on a three day rota. No income for three days is eye watering to a filling station, but sadly we are lemmings and can't get organised. One reason for changing from an XJR 1300 back to an FX650 was fuel economy but the sad fact is that my Focus will take four adults and luggage in comfort for very little more. I'm not missing any point here just stating facts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts