Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one of these a while back Honda NX 650 Dominator RD08 1998 Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Bolt | eBay
to install at the next oil change . when I removed the OE plug I noticed it was considerably longer ( approx 40% ) than the magnetic version. with the added copper washer that length is obviously reduced even more so I bottled out and re fitted the old one . What do people think about the shorter thread ...should it be fine once torqued up or best avoided ...obviously I don't want it falling out !! I suppose you could add a little thread lock but didn't want any of that making it's way inside although I suppose any residue should get flushed out when draining .
Your advice please
thanks
Bill

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
What kind of length are we talking about after the washer's on?
Whats the thickness of the crankcase your screwing it into?? As long as the bolt is longer than the thickness of the material your screwing into the length isn't an issue

·
Registered
19 Posts
My advise, avoid like the plauge!! I have 2 friends who have sheered them off with the little more than finger tight pressure. The walls are so thin where the metal has been removed to make the hole for the magnet, they will sheer. Utter shite!! Better off changing the oil more frequently if you're worried

1 - 5 of 5 Posts