Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had a chat with a few people in France which came last year to Mainz i found out that all of them did quiet like the place:cool::cool:
All of them said they are more then happy to do the trip again.Granted we have not seen a lot while we where there.Still got to do the Mosel river,Heidelberg and lots more castles to see.

Having had a look again at the other trip i proposed,first up to Luebeck and then on to Berlin,the biggest problem is distance and time and cost:(
It will take 2 days to get to luebeck and 2 longish days to get back from Berlin,thats ok for me cause i live near the tunnel but others still have to travel a lot further.Whereabouts Mainz is within a good days ride from my home.With time and money these days in rather short supply i was thinking if it would make sense to go back to Mainz?
Slightly different time to last years as we done the "Johannesfest" we could do the "Wine festival" which is towards the end of August

So guys what you think???

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I'm up for either as it would be via ferry to Amsterdam. But the Mainz area was fab and I'd happily go back again as there was still so much to see and anyway Benno doesn't have a cafe in Berlin.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ahhhh,,,, Benno's!

Count me and Fiona in! Loved Mainz and the Rhine valley, so much we're off there in just over a week!

Time no probs for us, probably Newcastle to Ijmiuden for us as well, Koblenz in a day. Just need a firm date by the end of the year for booking holidays.

We're in!

·
Registered
53 Posts
you thought about the harwich - esbjerg (denmark) ferry? after that it's 600 km to berlin or could break it up by staying along the coast, maybe lubeck, plus muritz national park & loads of lakes on your way.. after berlin you could make a nice loop to the harz mountains and then head north back to the ferry

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you thought about the harwich - esbjerg (denmark) ferry? after that it's 600 km to berlin or could break it up by staying along the coast, maybe lubeck, plus muritz national park & loads of lakes on your way.. after berlin you could make a nice loop to the harz mountains and then head north back to the ferry
Yes looked into that too but they are not cheap:(

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Either would be good for me - so long as Germany are not playing England at footy! A wine festival sounds good - the last german wine festival I went to ended up with me speaking fluent german - it is amazing what a flascher or two can do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts