Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here it is: email received from their marketing man Nick

Dear Tom,

Colleagues have passed on your email to me. I think I may have been in contact with you before, but if not, I’m Nick Edwards, the Make-A-Wish Marketing Officer. I’ve just been having a look at the Longest Day website and wondered if you could make a few small amendments:-

Please could you change all references to ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation UK’ to read ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’. This is because of the connection with Make-A-Wish France, which it might be nice to mention on the site.

Also, please could you include somewhere near the logo ‘Charity Registration Nos. 295672/SC037479’.

Finally, underneath ‘Visit The Shop’, the word ‘Charity’ is misspelled.

Please let me know when the alterations have been done so I can have another look at the site re compliance with our guidelines.

We need to ensure we are fully compliant with all of this. I've emailed him back to let him know we're working on it.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's their guidelines on their registered trademark:

Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK

1. LOGOS

Please ask us for a logo rather than copying one from our website.

· ® Trademark symbol must always appear on the logo.
· Must be a clear space of at least 5mm from the top of the star and the bottom of the swoosh.
· Not to be reproduced smaller than 1.5***8221; (38mm) long.
· Only blue (Pantone 293), black or white are acceptable.

The logo must not be used within a sentence. In a sentence, please use the wording:
Make-A-Wish or Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.

2. CHARITY REGISTRATION NUMBER

The Charity Registration Numbers should always appear on material using the Make-A-Wish logo ***8211; use the following format: Charity Registration Nos. 295672/SC037479

3. MAKE-A-WISH NAME

· The only acceptable way to refer to the charity in the first instance is as:
Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK (with the trademark symbol high, in Superscript).
· Thereafter, Make-A-Wish, Make-A-Wish Foundation or Make-A-Wish UK are acceptable.
· Please note that we prefer Make-A-Wish Foundation rather than THE Make-A-Wish Foundation.
· The phrase Make-A-Wish always requires hyphens between the words and the letters M, A, and W to be capitals.
· The phrase should not be split between one line and the next ***8211; if it occurs at the end of a line and looks likely to be split, please insert a line break before the phrase.

4. MAKE-A-WISH STRAPLINE

The Make-A-Wish strapline is:

Granting magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening illnesses

If the strapline needs to be split between lines, please insert the split after the word ***8216;people***8217;.

Queries? Please call Nick Edwards, Marketing Officer/Copywriter, on

01276 40 50 85

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here's the official Hi Rez logo we have to use across the TLD website and anything else we produce for fundraising. It can be resized bearing in mind the minimum 5mm requirement etc as per the guidelines.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

Here's the official Hi Rez logo we have to use across the TLD website and anything else we produce for fundraising. It can be resized bearing in mind the minimum 5mm requirement etc as per the guidelines.
Russ can you sort this out please the height aint a problem its the width Max of 200 also could you include the chairty number below the logo

Cheers

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
OK here it is: email received from their marketing man Nick

Dear Tom,

Colleagues have passed on your email to me. I think I may have been in contact with you before, but if not, I’m Nick Edwards, the Make-A-Wish Marketing Officer. I’ve just been having a look at the Longest Day website and wondered if you could make a few small amendments:-

Please could you change all references to ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation UK’ to read ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’. This is because of the connection with Make-A-Wish France, which it might be nice to mention on the site.

Also, please could you include somewhere near the logo ‘Charity Registration Nos. 295672/SC037479’.

Finally, underneath ‘Visit The Shop’, the word ‘Charity’ is misspelled.

Please let me know when the alterations have been done so I can have another look at the site re compliance with our guidelines.

We need to ensure we are fully compliant with all of this. I've emailed him back to let him know we're working on it.
I have made the other changes just the logo to sort out

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This just in from their marketing man:

Tom,

Thanks for making the amendments. The text seems to be fine on all the pages, but I need to talk to you about the attached banners.

On the ‘event’ one we can’t, I’m afraid, use the logo as part of a sentence (see attached guidelines), so it can’t say ‘in aid of
’. Also, we can’t have anything impinging on the logo itself, or within 5mm of it, so I think the ‘in aid of’ words are going to have to be deleted altogether and on both banners a larger clear area around the logo will be needed.

I hope this is all clear and you understand – let me know if you’ve any queries.

Kind regards,

Nick Edwards
Marketing Officer/Copywriter

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The banners are on the ride page. DC- can they be redone to comply with their logo trademark thingys. As I understand it, on the bigger one we need to get ride of ''in aid of'' in the centre of the words Make-A-Wish, and the logo, where-ever it is, must have a bigger (5mm) space all around it.
This obviously means the decals and tshirt stuff needs to be rechecked to make sure we're complying.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
The banners are on the ride page. DC- can they be redone to comply with their logo trademark thingys. As I understand it, on the bigger one we need to get ride of ''in aid of'' in the centre of the words Make-A-Wish, and the logo, where-ever it is, must have a bigger (5mm) space all around it.
This obviously means the decals and tshirt stuff needs to be rechecked to make sure we're complying.
arent they being a bit picky........

So basically nothing can be near it, behind etc, so wouldnt be easier to remove it from the logo's / Decals, due to space. That could change the size of the decals, which could impact the cost. We have started sellin them at £8.50

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arent they being a bit picky........

So basically nothing can be near it, behind etc, so wouldnt be easier to remove it from the logo's / Decals, due to space. That could change the size of the decals, which could impact the cost. We have started sellin them at £8.50
I think they're being very picky - but then I bet no more so than any other with a logo and trademark. They didnt say much last year. I bet they've had a bit of a bad experience with their logo and trademark and are now stating it as it has to be for all.
I'm sure DC can do something - overall size can stay the same -maybe just have one make a wish logo and make the rest of the stuff a bit smaller so it sticks out? And remove the ''in aid of'' bit of text. Easy for me to write - I cant do any of it!! But I'm sure DC can :D :thumbright: :D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also think THEY get into trouble if their registered trademark and logo isnt used properly, because it will be used other than in accordance with what THEY registered and said as to how it would be used. Think they actually have a legal duty to make sure thereafter it's being used as they registered it - otherwise, it's not theirs!!

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
I think they're being very picky - but then I bet no more so than any other with a logo and trademark. They didnt say much last year. I bet they've had a bit of a bad experience with their logo and trademark and are now stating it as it has to be for all.
I'm sure DC can do something - overall size can stay the same -maybe just have one make a wish logo and make the rest of the stuff a bit smaller so it sticks out? And remove the ''in aid of'' bit of text. Easy for me to write - I cant do any of it!! But I'm sure DC can :D :thumbright: :D
but, if we raise 20K+ whats the problem :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts