Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always found the standard seat uncomfortable after a while + having v long legs the knee angle ( seat to footpeg ) wasn't good either. I realized a taller more plush seat would be the answer but kept pondering how to go about it. Eventually I bought a knackered seat off ebay for peanuts ( cover was wrecked ) removed the foam and then simply placed it on top of the original seat . Perfect fit ! after a few test rides I got a local upholsterer to cover the 2 for £35 . I asked him to put a protective layer in between the 2 foams so If I ever sell it will be simple to revert back to standard if wanted.
It may look a bit bulbous but by crikey it's SO much more comfy both for me and the pillion and an added bonus is that with the extra butt suspension the local off road /green lanes can be ridden in comfort sitting down if I wish without being battered! Oh ..and before anyone asks why 2 mudguards ...the lower ( original one ) is added in winter when I'm only on road and stops a hell of a lot of crap spraying the exhaust etc.
IMG_0092.jpg IMG_0093.jpg IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0105.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH so good
I concur , the seat is a weak item after 30 odd miles I am feeling numb
Loved the pix will certainly consider looking for a kn******ed seat

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to stray off topic but I see you have a Motobatt battery AND you still have a top lip on your battery retaining bracket. Well done. I just sawed off the top bit on mine and hope the battery doesn't bounce around too much! Should be ok - road bike, not an off-road yomper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts