Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
its a sad day indeed what a really great band I have been a big fan since 1980 I have a load of their albums even a dvd of their greatest hits . I even qued up for hours amongst a bunch of arseholes to buy tickets the time the black ice album came out and I bough a pair of tickets and the album then after all that my woman refused to go said she wanted to sell her ticket . I wasn't going to go on my own so that was that I came so close :mad: what a great song writer its not very well know but Malcolm was the main song writer but preferred to hang back in the shadows leaving his short pants wearing brother and the lead vocalist to get all the attention . I though about starting a thread but it don't seem to happen on hear . thanks for starting the thread Scouse I am sure a lot of members have an album of theirs or at least enjoyed their music when they heard it . :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a sad day indeed what a really great band I have been a big fan since 1980 I have a load of their albums even a dvd of their greatest hits . I even qued up for hours amongst a bunch of arseholes to buy tickets the time the black ice album came out and I bough a pair of tickets and the album then after all that my woman refused to go said she wanted to sell her ticket . I wasn't going to go on my own so that was that I came so close :mad: what a great song writer its not very well know but Malcolm was the main song writer but preferred to hang back in the shadows leaving his short pants wearing brother and the lead vocalist to get all the attention . I though about starting a thread but it don't seem to happen on hear . thanks for starting the thread Scouse I am sure a lot of members have an album of theirs or at least enjoyed their music when they heard it . :thumbright:
I have been a fan since the start and had most of their albums and then I got my son into them when he was about 10 yrs old.
I bought us a ticket to go see them in Hannover and it was there that I met my mate who owned the Triumph that I am re-building at the moment.
I will probably go out and buy a couple of my favourite AC/DC albums next week and piss by neighbours off by playing them as loud as my speakers can handle...:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if all the manufactured music "stars" of today will be filling massive stadiums after 50 years like AC/DC was until a few years ago?
I very much doubt it.;););)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
malcolm wrote most of the famous riffs in the band ,R.I.P malcolm i listened to acdc riding bikes in the late 70s and still now.i feel old.shit.
I know a bloke who bough a sony Walkman in 1979 and he had no tapes only lp's so he bough meat loaf Bat out of hell and played it while riding about London on a Suzuki gt 250 . he should have bough highway to hell . I remember between Bon Scott dyeing and back in black coming out the older brother got into them at first we though looking at the album cover that angus was bon . all the lads we hung around with had denim jackets with heavy metal sew on patches and pin badges . I didn't buy any albums back then I got to hear them for free but as I got older and heading out into the world I had a couple of lp's . then as I got older and settled down and packed in the drink and I had a few quid in the pocket I went mad buying albums to make up for having **** all when I was a gossoon . :D if I am in bad fettle I just put on AC/DC and I am grand :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I wonder if all the manufactured music "stars" of today will be filling massive stadiums after 50 years like AC/DC was until a few years ago?
I very much doubt it.;););)
will they **** people only go see them shake their tits and ass and take selfies of them self with the stage in the background no ****ers going to want to see that happen in 50 years time they wont even be on the road they will be completely forgotten about 45 years before that .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In this current snowflake world, people might accuse me of child abuse, fancy doing this to a 10 yr old....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

31744_124838647536280_5075846_n.jpg
31744_124838714202940_4119960_n.jpg

Totally knackered after a 300 mile ride, and a bit too young for red bull.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
your lad will treasure those memory's a lot of poor kids only get shouted at to be quite while some beached whale while she chain smokes superkings eats pizza and drinks cans of stella and watches the x factor :( or subjected to really really bad rave music by **** wits . the poor misfortunate bastard of a father of the kids don't have it much better he gets shouted at by an angry frigid soap opera addict chicken nuggets and chips warm r upper . and he probably isn't allowed to have a bike either poor ould bastards :lol: I was just listing to highway to hell while I was doing the dishwasher and making breakfast earlier its my favourite as/dc album its very rejuvenating music its like drink a couple of cans of red bull only less calories :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WTF is a soap opera,any singing in it? :D:D:D

I just gave my lad a pair of Wharfdale speakers for his hi-fi this weekend while his mum was away on holiday, I told him to wait until she has had her dinner and is relaxing in front of the telly then crank up some AC/DC and count how long it takes until she comes up and asks him to knock it off...:rolleyes:
Now jnr has my speakers, I will have to play my music through my Marshall guitar amp that I hooked up to my stereo...My neighbours love it...:thumbup:
Its such hard work being a good dad....;););)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the female found the ac dc dvd's upstairs its a 2 dvd set called family jewels that she bough for me . its a lovely thing to have I had pretty much only seen them on the telly years ago when a friend had a vhs video tape let there be rock I think it was called as they didn't be on the old telly much that I remember . I have those dvd's way before I got the internet so I used to watch it a lot before . I will have to force the young lads to watch it gaffer tape the little ****ers to kitchen chairs if I have too :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts