Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I hope his German Jack Boots didnt get tooo scratched:)
no point of pretending to be worried about SteveC as i have already got first dips on them:D:D:D
But Honestly i think Steve takes this whole Fund raising a bit tooooo serious.To pretend to have a accident just to be able to show of the "The Longest Day" T-shirt is taking it a bit far.:D:D:D

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I tried to get his boots of but the legs they were attatched to were still kicking!!

:D:D:D
Some of us are trying to maintain the low standards expected from this site, Yeti.

Tell Steve I rode most of the longest day with him and still slept in my own bed. Taking off and smashing his bike up just like I did to mine, isn't going to make me sleep with him. :D
Knew I could count on a prize winning journalist to dig out the sleeze!! :D:D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hi all i have been out so am cayching up on the news so.
SteveC (How can you still look uber cool after a big off)
Yeti. Well done mate.
Everyone else. Everything that is great about this forum in one thread1

Get well SteveC and regards to all mel

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Latest on steve:

They are keeping him in for another operation in the week once the swelling has gone down. (Too many fruity nurseys' in Yorkshire! :D;))

Just come off phone and he is in pain but still in good spirits.

He did however wake up in plaster from his toes to his knee!! :eek::D

They have imobilised his leg and foot to check later for any further fractures there.

He has had some scaffold and spinny thing fitted to his wrist for now so they can start returning his arm to its correct lenght! :(

Going to start making moves for getting the bike on its way south if folk are willing.

Will keep folk posted as info comes in.

He is on Ward 10 in Airdale Hospital if anyone wants to send get well soons. I certainly will not be, I broke a finger nail and cut myself dragging his bike out of the bog! :(

TTFN

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Latest on steve:

They are keeping him in for another operation in the week once the swelling has gone down. (Too many fruity nurseys' in Yorkshire! :D;))

Just come off phone and he is in pain but still in good spirits.

He did however wake up in plaster from his toes to his knee!! :eek::D

They have imobilised his leg and foot to check later for any further fractures there.

He has had some scaffold and spinny thing fitted to his wrist for now so they can start returning his arm to its correct lenght! :(

Going to start making moves for getting the bike on its way south if folk are willing.

Will keep folk posted as info comes in.

He is on Ward 10 in Airdale Hospital if anyone wants to send get well soons. I certainly will not be, I broke a finger nail and cut myself dragging his bike out of the bog! :(

TTFN
Would you know the Visiting times??
I would like to pop in late this afternoon if i can
Is there anything he needs,which i could bring along?

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yup just spoke to him too:D and he said the drugs are top class and do work:p

here is the full address of the hospital and as yeti says steve is in ward 10

Airedale General Hospital,
Skipton Road,
Streeton,
Keighley,
West Yorkshire,
BD20 6TD.
Telephone : 01535 652511

AIRWOLF YETI WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU re PICKING UP THE BIKE:thumbup:

DIGITALCAPTIVE YOU HAVE PM MATE:thumbup:

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Holy Feck :shock:, looks bloody nasty :(.

Glad to see that he is relatively okay though, and still in good spirits :thumbright:(or is that just the drugs smiling ;)).

And tell him not to worry about the bike, looks to me like it will just polish straight out :thumbup:.

S

·
0 Posts
Just catching up and this is what's been going on! Bad luck matey. Anyone visiting, add my name to the list of well wishers please.

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
pete phone the hospital the numbers in my post:thumbup:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Would you know the Visiting times??
I would like to pop in late this afternoon if i can
Is there anything he needs,which i could bring along?

From Sheffield it should take about 1hr, take the M1 M62 and come off at J26 signposted bradford M606 and then follow the signs towards Keighley/Skipton and Brown tourist signs for Salts Mill. Don't stop in that part of Bradford if you like your bike!! :D

You will pass through Shipley and along a few dual carriageways on the A650.

Be carefull on the downhill 3-4 lane carriageway around Bradford. The police hide on the left behind the bridges. The roundabouts are also mucho slippy diesel off camber and have sh!t lane discipline which definately applies to the local taxi drivers. YOUR LANE IS NOT YOUR OWN!! :D:thumb: lets not have any more whoopsies!!

As you pass Keighly you pick up the A629 dual carriageway signposted Skipton. follow that to the next roundabout and take first exit for Steeton. Turn right at top of road and you are about 1 mile away.

If you are on the bike there are no specific bays so follow this:

As you turn into the Hospital you can go right or left. Turn right.

Follow the road down the hill and you will see the AE ambulance bay on the left.

Just past that there are some red railings and a brown metal shed.

Park your bike next to the bike shed. Park it accross the front of the parking bay so a car can still park there and you can come out backwards.

This is important as it is apparently one of the only places you will not get booked without a ticket.?!? :rolleyes::(

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Speedy recovery Steve, sorry to hear of your accident, though thankfully, at least it was a "softish" landing in the wetland!
(Had a mate and his lass come off last year through a corner with ruts in the blacktop, from overloaded sugarcane trucks. Lost the the back end of his beemer and were "spat off" into a newly irrigated rice field.)
Take care, keep taking the medicine and don't chat up the nurses too much, they've heard all the patter before! (The bed baths are fun, though you probably know that already!):D
Hope you and the bike are both well soon. Well done to all who are helping. Respect. :thumbup:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
I'm in Coalville leicestershire about 3 miles of Junc 22 and have space in the garage if its needed, its pretty secure. the space is yours for as long as it takes let me know if I can be of any other assistance.
Hi, can we take you up on your offer?

pm me or Airwolf with a contact number will you fella.

We are looking at getting things moving this afternoon.

:thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
ive spoken to russell DC he's all ready ive spoken to airwolf and he has russles number now and is calling him the ball is now rollin:thumbup:

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
I think its got to be said, this is another fantastic demonstration of how great this site membership is. Sorting out visiting, collection of bike, storing of bike, already asking people to be on standby for help sourcing parts, and plenty of piss taking to aid in cheering up. Fantastic :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I broke a finger nail and cut myself dragging his bike out of the bog!
Somebody call a nurse. Sharrie, can you help? Or Stanbloke, can you send nursey over? Yeti is in serious pain.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Somebody call a nurse. Sharrie, can you help? Or Stanbloke, can you send nursey over? Yeti is in serious pain.
He dosn't know the meaning of the word pain, I got a splinter whilst clearing the garage out.....Now thats a proper injury...."NURSE NURSE!!!!!":sad1:

stevec's certainly got some blood on his hands :0

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
yup just spoke to him too:D and he said the drugs are top class and do work:p

here is the full address of the hospital and as yeti says steve is in ward 10

Airedale General Hospital,
Skipton Road,
Streeton,
Keighley,
West Yorkshire,
BD20 6TD.
Telephone : 01535 652511
I have called the hospital and it's not one with a phone by each bed (bloody poor northerners) and, as Steve cannot walk, he cannot take any calls at the moment.
You can get him on his mobile (he has a visitor with him this second -3.15 Sunday so don't call right now). His number was on the Longest Day participants' pack but if anyone wants it, PM me and I'll send it to you.
He sounds chipper, all things considered. Will speak to him later this afternoon so post your questions.

41 - 60 of 368 Posts