Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are not using google docs to manage the riders this year. I am going to create a app that interfaces with the TLD Database that Dave has provided us. The data will be totally secure and the only way to access the data will be via the application.

Once I have sorted out the app you will need to install it on you computer/laptop.

My plan is to have the rider details, which are not attached to any ride.
Then the rider can be attached to the ride and allocated a number. If the rider then registers for the any furture event we already have the details, and can be simply attached to another event. also with having the details like we can sent out a mail shot to all past riders asked them to register for the event.

I plan to have the app done by the end of the week, at this point we at the point to start taking the registrations. i will need to go through the app with you.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay, as the data is stored in the public domain, i have had do a few extra things with the application.

The application connect via secure tunnel to the database. The application has a TripleDES Encryption class, which i created, all the data in the table will be encrypted.

The only way to decrypt the data is to use the application.

so if someone manages to get access to the database, they would need my encypt keys to decrypt it. not impossible, but the time it would take someone, would be worth it.

also the application will need a username and password to access it, just incase it falls into the wrong hands :iconbiggrin: again this information will be encypted too.

hopefully has covered privacy issues that may arise

Does that make sense Tom................... :thumbup:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Does that make sense Tom................... :thumbup:
Hmmm,... I would have DNS'd the SQKL and ran it through a synthigrator on a parallel flowjig. That way the encrytogon will be on a KDP priority as opposed to a resigned LLP which is the way your system would leave it. But if that's the best you can do I'm happy enough with it - I just dont have the time to be hands-on enough to sort it out myself. Thanks for you help anyway :rolleyes:

:toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is two screen shots of the app so far,

Just need to finish off the part to add riders and we are done :p:D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good Bazza, I wish I had your skills :thumbup: how do I access the data base, if I need to ?
Once i am finished this app, i will send to u's guys and you can install it. Then i will give you a username and password

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
App now ready for a test run :happy2:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The Riders Application is finish.

Tom has it install and can access the details - dont think he has had any problems with.

I have tried to email to mark, but has failed.

I have setup an FTP Account on my work FTP server.

UserNm: tld
Pass: Tld2011
Address: ftp://ftp.lgeprocess.com

There is nothing in at the moment, i will upload the Rider Application tonight when i get home.

As its really a beta release, It sometimes can be a bit slow, but this will depend on the internet connection you have. I will work on speeding it up, in the coming months. anything we do in this version will not affect the data, its all safe and sound.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats it on the ftp server now

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barry, when this is all uploaded etc will I be able to access the rider details for the communications side of things on the day?
Yea, thats the idea, then next tld (2012), registration will be quicker as we have the details, they will just need let us know they are riding, less work for TLD planners (whoever thats is) and the riders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have made some changes to the application to improve stablity and added export to Excel function.

Use the same FTP details as above.

Un-install the older version first.

Once you have installed, let me know and i will set up and username & password to the application/database.

I still need to add a few other things, which i will do over the coming months.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mark

did you download the new version of app and try it?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am adding a email function that will email all riders registered for the select rider.

I will let you know when this verison is available

1 - 19 of 19 Posts