Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i mentioned in other posts this memorial takes place on the 2nd Sunday in September every year (unless they rain it off). Martin was a local boy from Beacon near Camborne and was killed in the lates 80's out on the IOM TT. The ride leaves Truro around 10am and finishes at Falmouth about 4 30pm and stops at 1430 in Martins home Village of beacon for 30 mins.

There was a reasonable turn out yesterday but the organisers said they though entries were down by 40% on last year and didn't understand why. The simple reason it was low entry was because it had already been rained off 2 weeks on the trot and they didn't make a decision about doing it this weekend until Saturday afternoon so majority of people didn't know it was on, it was a bit of poor planning really.

Turned out to be quite a warm day and i think the route ended up about 140 miles

This was the run leaving the car park in Truro first thing in the morning

20110925101106 mpeg2video - YouTube

This was the run coming back down the A30 at the Tricky Dickies Fly over before heading to Camborne west, through camborne then onto Beacon

2011 martin jennings memorial ride - YouTube

Entry fee was £3 per person or £5 per bike which goes to Cancer reaserch this year

Jennings run 002.jpg

Jennings run 006.jpg

My mate took his boy for the first time on the back of his ZX10, the boy loved it bust suffered from the peak on my offroad helmet trying to rip his head off in the wind. Partly a fault of the helmet and partly a fault of the sportsbike riding positon the boy was perched up quite high

Jennings run 009.jpg

Jennings run 013.jpg

One rider did win the "KNOB OF THE EVENT" trophy which was laughed about at the dinner stop. Some how this bloke managed to ride into the back of a staionery Police motorcyclist, while the copper was sat on it at a junction. I beleive he was given a stiff talking too but nothing further

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Craig all they cornishmen got leather hands ya know it comes from ripping out tin with their bare hands, and beating sharks etc to death when fishing :D:D:D:D:D

looks like it was a good ride Jason
Merv

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
I'm with you Craig. I've never got why so many riders protect their bodies, but leave their hands bare!!!!!!!
If you take the skin off your legs, arms, torso etc it hurts but you can do things. Lose the skin off your hands....... Ever tried washing your face? Brushing your teeth? doing anything with hands in bandages?:rolleyes:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with you Craig. I've never got why so many riders protect their bodies, but leave their hands bare!!!!!!!
You ever tried scaping change from a very small wallet with hardly any money in (see first photo) it on Cornishman's wage wearing bloody Panthon or skiing gloves??? That why we got bare hands trying to scratch the money out not the TIN. Lowest paid area in the Country and you've just seen the proof how i'm not exagerating it cost me £3 to ride on public highways !!!!! :D:D...£3 was nearly weeks wage down here

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts