1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
890 Posts
:mad: I would love to have gone Austin but will be at Stafford.

I just finished reading the book the other day, fantastic.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You missed it. It was very very good. Lois spoke for about 30 mins and a 15 minute slide show mostly on her recent Africa trip, then answered questions ranging from how much makeup and underwear did you take (masscara,lippy, red nail polish and 1 bra 3 knickers for those who are really interested) to best mod on the bike - Acerbis 22litre tank - range 300miles.

Then we had a short sales pitch from Adventure Spec who had a small stall selling off road gear http://www.adventure-spec.com/adventure-spec-update/index.html Who seem like decent guys more interested in selling the right stuff than just selling stuff.

And then quite a lot from Austin Vince (Mondo Enduro, Terra Mondo etc and Lois's husband) including a couple of Mondo Enduro film clips and a 35minute film about the 2007 HUMM - excellent and if I wasn't on the family holiday I would have signed up thereand then. I did spot a couple of Transalps and ATs in there somewhere, but mostly lightweight trailies. Austin is an interesting and entertaining speaker with strange liking of overalls, and an all round interesting bloke. He and I hit it off of course being namesakes of a somewhat uncommon name.

Something from these 2 would be an excellent addition to an XRV meet. The national?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts