Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a metal bash guard to replace the plastic thing. Is side coverage important? Most TA's I see with an improved bash plate have a metal AT bash on. I was planning on just getting a bit of alloy and bending it to shape as I don't have enough money for something like this. However, the bent alloy method will leave me without any side protection, I just want to check that this isn't vitally important before going through with it?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The side pieces add strenth to the guard ,you could always do what you propose and then add the side pieces on after you are happy with the bash plate.
But an aloy plate is better than Plastic anyway so it's up to you realy.
:cool:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I'd say the side is almost as important as the bottom. when you lay ther bike down or you go through some dodgy ground especially deep ruts or narrow trails the side cases stick out quite a bit so the more protection you have the better. You could always go for a no side option and just carry a big tube of metal glue/liquid metal.
I have stoved in the sides of mine many times on rocks etc or when going down gravelly tracks. I just whip off the bashplate and get the round mallet and put some shape back into it. It also stops all manner of debris getting in under the engine and can stop the gearlever being completely mangled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts