Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried these out ??

Went to order new boots for the old girl today, don't do Anakee 2's any more got this new Anakee 3 tyre.
Looks like a fekin slick :( Completely different pattern.

Supposed to be 90% road , 10% off ???
Not sure about this, been with Michelin for a while, ok the last transition to M2 wasn't dramatic, but this new one certainly is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, oh, the bike is an AT :thumbup:

Just need the rear tyre, as the front's an Anakee 2 :mad:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
John,
I have the Anakee 3's on the BMW and I really like them, especially in the wet. OK on forest roads but I think they will be sh£te in mud.:( I am sure if you looked about you will still be able to find a 2 to match up.:)

Andy.

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
John,

A local dealer can get 2's, if he doesn't have one or two in stock.

I got one for that Vara just the other week from him.

Tom Adamson motorcycles - I'll look out the number if you want!

Steve T

:cool:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve,

Phone you in a bit :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have the 3's on my 800, they are brilliant on the road and forest tracks, they do not work on mud.
i have done 5000 miles on mine and just for this post checked the wear, rear has used 1mm, down from 8mm to 7mm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I'm needing an Africa Twin rear wheel rebuilt and was considering my options. I'll be watching this post with great interest.
I would have thought the term 'fit for purpose' would come into this dispute and would be enforced if necessary by trading standards? Especially as this is a serious safety concern.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
To help you decide you need to know how much off road you are going to do and annual mileage good tyres for road anakee 3s , conti trial attack 2s Bt45s there are more but they all are really 90/10 biased for road I had tkc80s was impressed with the grip and are really 50/50 mileage 3500 which isnt a lot front probably twice that. In the dirt as good as you get and grip the road surprisingly well believe there is a new one coming out soon.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've never understood how any tyre without plenty of knobbles can be even reasonable off road . I have anakee 2's and inmho they're rubbish off the tarmac. How can a tyre dig in at all without "protuberances " . Can someone who understands these things please explain:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never understood how any tyre without plenty of knobbles can be even reasonable off road . I have anakee 2's and inmho they're rubbish off the tarmac. How can a tyre dig in at all without "protuberances " . Can someone who understands these things please explain:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I think you are totally correct. I can`t see these being any better off road than a full on road tyre.
I have just fitted Heidenau K60 Scouts to my Tranny and have done several hundred miles already in wet and dry and very impressed. The only downside is that the front is a bit noisy. They are supposed t wear a lot better than TKC80s. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You are right I went off roading with a friend on a green lane and his tourance had no grip at all TKCs no problem thats why we dont have much choice when you go off road. If I did a lot more off road my choice would be TKCs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts