Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccommend a supplier of Michelin Deserts in the UK
Plan is to ride down through France / Spain & change tyres before crossing to Morrocco, where we plan to get off (and stay off) the tarmac as soon as possible.
Or is it easier / cheaper to get them in the south of spain?

Cheers
Gibbo

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
I bought mine from MandP but my mates got theirs from National Tyres. My plan was to carry them to the start of Morroco and swap but couldn't carry the buggers and my luggage so I fitted them before I left. Very scary on Tarmac but they still had plenty of tread 3,500 miles later whenn I got home. Tried them on a local green lane just after fitting(easy to fit) and they made the bike 10 times better offroad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
These Morrocco tours sound interesting. Have you written something on them? route down, times, advice for Morrocco, bike prep etc.?
I got my AT going (damaged repairable bought a few weeks ago). Top fairing was bust so got one for £35 from breaker; red one but looks OK on my white bike. Suffered fuel pump failure on my first ride so have ordered CBR 600 one as described in another topic.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
I've started to write it down based on my diary at the time. Email me on [email protected] and I'll send you the first gripping installment covering preparation. Three africa twins and 1 CCM went and most returned unscathed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
morocco

Mikael,
The trip I am planning is for Easter next year. Probably 3 weeks duration. I havent done much planning at this stage other than a lot of map gazing & reading trip reports. Check out Chris Scotts site www.adventure-motorcycling.com , there is a trip report section with lots of info about morocco, also www.horizonsunlimited.com
Following Morrocco and a short interruption back at work, we will be in Scandanavia for 6-8 weeks in July / August
Ian, I will send you an e-mail. Keen to get any info you have to share.

Cheers
Gibbo

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
If you look at the XRV Yahoo thing http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/XRV_List
then you can see some of the photos from our trip to Morroco. In the second 16, all the photos from and including the ones titled "Buying Fossils" through to "Say cheese". I am the one supposedly being chased by the Maroc Old Bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts