Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Powys County Council are going to be closing two long distance By Ways open to All Traffic byways, Molfre City by Llanbister and also Break It's Neck by New Radnor, objections have to be in by November the 23rd.
It might be a waste of time but call all green laners send a letter of objection to.
Head of Legal Scrutiny & Democratic Services
(Law and Governance)
County Hall
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
LD1 5LG
If we do nothing we can't moan if they keep closing the rights of way.
This might save a little time and effort.
Name
Address
Postcode
Date
Proposed Permanent closure of Byways Moelfre City, Llanbister and Water-break-it's-Nesk, Radnor Forest
As a user of these roads i object to you taking away my right to use them. This is discriminatory against people like me, who pay my dues to use the public roads of this country, in favor of those who contribute nothing to thier upkeep but demand uninterrupted and sole use.
As recreational vehicle users already have very limited access to the countryside, any further restrictions will simply increase traffic on the few remaining lanes.
I formally object to the permanent closure of these roads, and question if alternitives have been adequately examined to solve the alleged problem associated with them?
Signed
Thanks for any letters sent

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Need to get onto this. just a point have you posted on SWTRF site, it may already be there but no harm hey

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil.

Please feel free to post it any where you can think of I have been on the south wales trail riders site and the VDSR sites.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is discriminatory against people like me, who pay my dues to use the public roads of this country, in favor of those who contribute nothing to thier upkeep but demand uninterrupted and sole use.
I've registered my objections to these closures, but I have to ask:

What do you mean by the above phrase?

It appears to be a fairly meaningless statement because the upkeep of public roads is paid for by everybody who pays there council taxes, etc. Thus who are those who "contribute nothing"?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This came off another forum to try and save people typing there own letters up.

What I think he means is he pays his road tax to drive on Roads and as a BOAT is a road and you need to be legal to use them, he is paying for the right to ride on it and the supossed up keep of them.

If you would like to Draft a really good letter that everyone can use please feel free to post it up and let other use yours save a lot of hassle for other people, we could do with a good legal eagle to draft some thing up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This came off another forum to try and save people typing there own letters up.

What I think he means is he pays his road tax to drive on Roads and as a BOAT is a road and you need to be legal to use them, he is paying for the right to ride on it and the supossed up keep of them.

If you would like to Draft a really good letter that everyone can use please feel free to post it up and let other use yours save a lot of hassle for other people, we could do with a good legal eagle to draft some thing up.
Road Tax was abolished in 1937 after a process that Winston Churchill started!!!

What you pay for each year is vehicle excise duty (I think that's the correct title) which is a duty imposed on vehicles as per their emissions.

The right to use roads is a right of everybody in the country regardless of whether they use a vehicle or not!
As I stated earlier the maintenance of our roads is paid for via council tax, etc not by vehicle owners.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that info very helpfull and interesting.

So would you like to draft up a letter with all the right things in it and save our rights to use ROW's and then all our letters of objection will be correct.

Hope your sending one in to help the cause.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a reply from the Countryside Access Officer saying they'll "duly consider my objection" at least their taking it into consideration.​

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi All
Powys County Council are going to be closing two long distance By Ways open to All Traffic byways, Molfre City by Llanbister and also Break It's Neck by New Radnor, objections have to be in by November the 23rd.
It might be a waste of time but call all green laners send a letter of objection to.
Head of Legal Scrutiny & Democratic Services
(Law and Governance)
County Hall
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
LD1 5LG
If we do nothing we can't moan if they keep closing the rights of way.
This might save a little time and effort.
Name
Address
Postcode
Date
Proposed Permanent closure of Byways Moelfre City, Llanbister and Water-break-it's-Nesk, Radnor Forest
As a user of these roads i object to you taking away my right to use them. This is discriminatory against people like me, who pay my dues to use the public roads of this country, in favor of those who contribute nothing to thier upkeep but demand uninterrupted and sole use.
As recreational vehicle users already have very limited access to the countryside, any further restrictions will simply increase traffic on the few remaining lanes.
I formally object to the permanent closure of these roads, and question if alternitives have been adequately examined to solve the alleged problem associated with them?
Signed
Thanks for any letters sent
Sage, may I politely suggest that you get someone else to write up the letter. As it stands, it won't be respected.
Online, expression in English doesn't really matter, but if it's an official letter, it has to be of a certain standard of grammar and spelling.

You don't want your letter to be ignored. That's the way the world is, unfortunately.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To late to worry about it now, the objections had to be in by mid November.

The other thing is if you dont object in any form we will losse all our rights of way, the letter was kindly drafted by someone on the South Wales Trailriders forum to save people time and effort and hopefully get more people to send one in, rather than thinking about it and then doing nothing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
To late to worry about it now, the objections had to be in by mid November.

The other thing is if you dont object in any form we will losse all our rights of way, the letter was kindly drafted by someone on the South Wales Trailriders forum to save people time and effort and hopefully get more people to send one in, rather than thinking about it and then doing nothing.
A good idea to have a draft ready. And you're right that you have to act as best you can. But this letter...?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you fancy sorting a draft letter out for future ref then ???

Save all the problems in the future, I asked the TRF if they had anything and the answer was NO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts