Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mid week bimble - Shrops-mid Wales

Sun's shining and the Vara is here!!

I have booked Wednesday for a shakedown ride for the "new" Vara. Probably going to do my usual route into mid-Wales via South Shropshire and then back across the Elan Dams and then a bit of meandering around, maybe to the Coast before heading back down to Newtown at which point I will either drop back to Crossgates, or run down to Craven Arms and then Telford. Nothing too fast, as I am tweaking a fresh bike a bit as I go if necessary. Lunch at Crossgates probably. No off road, I promise.... ! :D

Anyone welcome, be at my place, North of Telford around 10... ish. Cuppa tea and a biscuit on offer ;)

OR... a Gentlemen do Lunch Meeting??

Meet at Caff for 1pm????

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Re: Mid week bimble - Shrops-mid Wales

Oooh Steve, I have just seen this!
Really pushed for time at the mo, shame you weren't heading a bit more northish, I might be able to sneak out for an hour(ish).
I'm itching to get out on the bike, what with all this nice weather an all

How about planning a meet camp down Shropshire way, had a couple of nights at Bishops Castle & run around the area, lovely with some great roads too

Phil

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oooh Steve, I have just seen this!
Really pushed for time at the mo, shame you weren't heading a bit more northish, I might be able to sneak out for an hour(ish).
I'm itching to get out on the bike, what with all this nice weather an all

How about planning a meet camp down Shropshire way, had a couple of nights at Bishops Castle & run around the area, lovely with some great roads too

Phil
Yo Phil

Sorry you canna find time. If you wake up in't morning with an urge, give in.... and give me a shout! Room for a tent if needed ;)

I still want to put together a meet sometime, last year was a bit of a non-starter with limited bike capacity here as you know!!

I thought that a late Summer ride may be of interest to a few xrv'ers so I tried to find a couple of the old TRF crowd who could share a Big trailie run, but they seemd to have disappeared off the face of the planet... I have done a mixed ride out from here in the past, and with some tweaking I reckon i could stitch together a mixed gentle green lane and back road run, with a bit of faster road nonsense chucked in. 5-6 max though.

Once I have a couple of fields cleared, I could find a camping location, get a portaloo with maybe a shower or something and somewhere for a campfire.... Else find a nice location with a campsite, and go from there??

·
Registered
7,696 Posts

Steve, I always wake up in the morning with an urge......
But anyway, a grand day for it, have a good run out - maybe another time

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts