Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mid weight simple Adventure Bike- now sorted

Hi all, currently looking for something like:

CCM 644, DR650, XT600, KLR650 (simple, robust, biggish, single)

Close to Devon (wife getting fed up with long pick ups), Good solid condition, History, less than 25k miles, MoT
Budget max £1500, what have you got lurking you want to palm off before the winter sets in?

Picking up a nice ( it tired plastics) KLR with 12K under budget on Saturday, although savings might need to go on the doohickey precaution! roll on the [email protected] roads!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mid weight simple Adventure Bike- now sorted

I nearly picked one up a while ago (about a year back) partly as was in great nick and partly just a few miles down the road in Kingkerswell, main reason are/ were:

One of the most uncomfortable seats I've had (okay my one had, 80mile was it's limit before monkey butt well and truly kicked in.
Small Tank / Range
Limited spare electrical power
Non bendy plastic should I lay it down venturing of the beaten track

It did and does have a cracking little motor in it.

Nice motor though

·
Registered
404 Posts

I'm sure you saw my solution to the Monkey butt problem
IMG_0105.jpg
Also added the crashbars for protection .
would be interested in seeing the KLR sometime if you fancy a ride out
Bill in Pinhoe

·
Registered
151 Posts

hi what about the red klx 650 on biketrader , i was all set to buy it then changed my mind as something else came up at the last minute so i am picking up my new bike on fri . I spoke to the chap steve who is selling and price is very negotionable .

·
Registered
151 Posts

I may be right in saying that it does not require the doohickey mod

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Bill, I saw your TTR, though I must say that does look a comfy seat. Did you do that yourself or send it off somewhere? I'd be up for a jolly no worries.
RSG I'm sorted now and pick it up in 2 sleeps (I suspect the Doohickey will need doing) but thanks for the offer/ heads up.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Looks good, I missed the original thread and piccies, I like the return back to standard option as well. Which upholsterer did you use?
Your bike looks in great condition BTW

·
Registered
404 Posts

thanks for the compliment ....yes she's in great allround condition bought with 8K miles and now on 16.
I used Twyfords upholsterers in tiverton . Friendly chap who did a great job at a fair price.
Bill

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know them, they redid my TT250R, nice job but foam was way too soft, I'd prob use them again but check out foam they wanted to use (or source myself and get then the fabricate and fit cover.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts