Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
ok i have got a mikuni on my xr400, but i was never really impressed with it. it did improve the starting, but that may be just my technique improving.
on thist last service i looked at the sparkplug and thought it was running a bit lean. so i removed the carm and had a good look at the jets and pump action.
the pump squirt was set to come on at about 1/4 throttle and finish almost straight away! this has now been changed to come on at about 1/8 and finish at about 1/2. i hope this will improve the performance (wheelie ability).
my question is..
what main jet are uk riders using? i have found specs from some american forum but i know our fuel is a bit better over here, so what is the best main jet?
many thanks
phil

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
hello everyone,
ok i have got a mikuni on my xr400, but i was never really impressed with it. it did improve the starting, but that may be just my technique improving.
on thist last service i looked at the sparkplug and thought it was running a bit lean. so i removed the carm and had a good look at the jets and pump action.
the pump squirt was set to come on at about 1/4 throttle and finish almost straight away! this has now been changed to come on at about 1/8 and finish at about 1/2. i hope this will improve the performance (wheelie ability).
my question is..
what main jet are uk riders using? i have found specs from some american forum but i know our fuel is a bit better over here, so what is the best main jet?
many thanks
phil
Don't know about th emikuni i have a standard carb and that runs a 60 ithink slow jet and i'm down to 145 on main jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts