Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I usually lurk in the AT forum (RD04 ongoing resto)

I am looking at changing bike 2 which is a Triumph Sprint ST, and have come across a high-ish mileage Vara - 05/55 plate with 44k on it.

Now the AT I am restoring is about that, and is a 1991, with usual age related issues.

Does 44k on an 05 Vara sound like something I should be wary of? It has all the bits fitted that I would want to put on the bike including luggage - high mileage claimed to be touring miles....

Any guidance appreciated! :thumbup:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts
I'm on 83,000 miles on my 2005 Varadero. Apart from the constant replacement of the exhaust gasket I can see it going on for quite a while yet with just oil changes.

Reactions: katana1000

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I sold my 2007 Vara with 44k on the clock. It was still as sweet as and had few other signs of highish mileage. It went to another forum member who still has it afaik

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Only had to replace exhaust bits and a couple of bearings. Just getting nicely loosened up now at 65k miles.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Five thousand miles per year amounts to light usage. Probably, as the vendor claims, a couple of trips away each year. Go for it.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
nothing to worry about in my experience..........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Because many people buy bikes and use them so little people are often wary of miles when buying so it means the price of a bike with reasonable miles is often a bargin, people want a 9 year old bike with 15k on, I would be wary of that. I bought my 57 plate with 24k on in March this year so got it for a chunk less than dealers were asking for low milage bikes. It now has 40k on it and has been utterly reliable as I'm sure it will be for the next 40k.

I've also just got 13k out of a rear Michelin Anakee 3, bloody brilliant tyres enough grip to put the pegs down cold as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts