Honda XRV Forum banner

Misfirew?! Backfire?! Puff Puff?! Don't know how to call it!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  StumpyFingers 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. I've found this community really good.

I have a TA '07 with 9000kms right now. I had this motorcycle parked in a garage for about 5 months without use because of a cirurgy I had to do. With tank filled up and battery disconnected.

I started to ride my TA again and everything was fine. About 4 months of use I started noticing some kind of misfire of backfire or whatever you call it. The poping noise does NOT come from the exhaust but from underneath the seat where the air escape is located.

I also notice when I remove the airfilter, that one of the carbs is springing a little of gasoline out to the air chamber and the filter!

Having the TA on idle. I remove one of the plug cables and I notice nice sparks from it. Plug it back and remove the other one. And on this one I don't see nearly the same amount of sparks as the other one does.

Another thing that I should mantion but I don't know if this shoud have anything to do with it. The gasoline diferences between countries! Since I bought my TA in Spain and the problem started after I use the bike in Italy. I though if the gasoline has anytning to do with it.

So these are the things I notice so far! I hope this help you guys to geve me any hints to what could be happening to my TA.

Thanks in advance for all help that will come.

See less See more
#4 ·
It sounds like your tappets are too tight, incorrect gap causing one or both of the inlet valves to stay open slightly too long, Gases from ignition would then be able to exit through the carb,intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.