Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My project bike is done ,just needs wiring up and a good thrashing.
I need £300 to pay for the electrics but that can wait for now.
As I am still un-employed I think I will wait a while and save up for my next project.

11880716_1220137648002250_1675438926_n.jpg
This one took two and a half years to build and I only started it because my doctor told me I was living on borrowed time but he turned out to be talking out of his arse. :D:D:D
I have just had a chat with jnr as to what to do next and he reckons if my mate in germany dont bring his Triumph T120 to Denmark next month for me to fix ,we are going to buy a Yamaha XS400SE and let jnr decide what gets done to it. :thumbup:
Probably go with bobber or scrambler/ brat style.:clown::clown::clown:
This was a fun bike to build but money problems slowed the build time down quite a bit. :D
Thanks to Backtracker for planting the idea in my noggin.
A big thanks to you all for answering all the questions I had.
Would I do another one?...................Hell yeah!:thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bike looks great! Well done!
I reckon you could do the electrics yourself.
It'd give you a massive confidence boost and save you a lot of cash.
Check out the 'NX650 A simple wiring loom' thread. Catteeclan posted a very clear diagram.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.
I have got no idea about electrics and several members have offered great advice but I just have no idea how to use the info.
I am electric dyslexic.
It doesnt matter how many times I have a look at it,it makes no sense at all.
I am more inclined to use the £300 I need for the electrician towards another bike and start my next project.
I know its bad form to give up at the end but stressing over it will just bugger up my health.
I will let my son sort it when he learns this stuff in college.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
this looking grand fair play . your not alone with a deep fear of electrics . I would urge anyone to educate themselves on the dark art that is motorcycle electrics . the internet is a wonderful tool there is a whole wide world of information some of it misinformation from silly bastards god love them who are so deluded they think they are Pops Yoshimura because they adjusted the drive chain and changed the easy to reach spark plug and then go posting you tube videos on it leaveing out the bit where you torque up the axel nut or what ever . you have to sift trough the bullshit to find the good stuff but it is there . we all have it in us you need patients and to believe in yourself and get stuck into it figure out what's the best multi meter to buy some are very basic and limited in their capability and can not read omhs or what ever the **** I bought a silly bastard draper one that's not much cop cost enough too for a few $'s more I could have had the proper one . then you need to get stuck in to learn and fully understand all there is to know on the subject after that then its just circuits one wire runs from a to b ,b runs to g or what ever . its only wires connectors earth pick ups relays coils regulator rectifier units and other components . your a smart bloke you can build engines . between you and the lad if ye study it ye will sort it keep the faith your almost there . I had a couple of xs400's and an xs 650's they were all right but they were no Transalp :lol:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the moral support but I have a mental illness which means I cannot focus my eyes when I try and focus on stuff that is close up.
I am done with it for now and the bike makes a very smart living room ornament.
I am going to look at a XS400 tomorrow to motivate my son to study hard at college and buy it for him rather than use my money to pay an electrician to wire my Honda up.
I am sure my son will learn lekktrickerey in college next year so maybe we can try and suss it out together.
I have got a live wire coming from the battery but after that I aint got a clue and I dont want to give myself a brain melt by worrying about it. :thumbup:
I started this bike for my son because I thought I was dying and wanted to leave him something to remind him of me when I am gone.

Mission Accomplished. :clown::clown::clown:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
take it easy man enjoy life relax stop a while and smell the roses or spark up a blunt and stick on a cd of the stone roses there is more to life than mending bikes . how's that grand NTV 650 going for you or did you sell it on again ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
take it easy man enjoy life relax stop a while and smell the roses or spark up a blunt and stick on a cd of the stone roses there is more to life than mending bikes . how's that grand NTV 650 going for you or did you sell it on again ?
Smoking a blunt sounds like the best suggestion Ive heard all week. :clown:
The NTV is going fine and growing on me.
Every time I tank it up I remember what great mileage this bike gives , 50mpg is a doddle.
If some one asked me to sell it I would take their cash. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts