Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the rear first and have to say it went on well, and fits nicely and grips well wet or dry.

The front had been a bit problematic. There is a defect that shows up when the tyre turns on the right side (as you sit) there is a dip in the tyre. I took it off and it appeared to buckled slightly, as if the tyre were too big and the inner part of the tyre (below the bead on the rim) had turned inward to accomodate this - I tried turning the tyre on the rim, loads of tyre soap and plenty of PSI to sort it (before returning it to 30ish) but no joy.

The run off on my rim is less than 2mm but the tyre shows about 6mm at its worst and as it happens over about a 1/4 of the tyre makes if very noticable.

I will say, that the service has been good. I got in touch with the trelleborg chap down in devon and he was mortified that I had this problem. He had done me a good deal so I am not really angry, just annoyed that this needs to get sorted.

He is getting back to me today with the price of another tyre so I hope it will get sorted asap.

Will keep you posted

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Just spoke to the bloke and as I did pay the full price for the front originally (he only had an old one in stock - he only charged carraige and refunded the balance) he said that if I repay the balance to amount to my original carraige charge and the full cost of a new tyre, he will send a new one out on monday.

Can't say better than that - so I fully recommend Trellesport - Enduro Competiton MotorcycleTyres, Army Special Tyre if for nothing else than bloody good service. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I've just ordered myself a set of these beaut's! Compared to other tyres out there these are a bloody bargain. £118 delivered to my door.
Gonna get the local tyre shop to fit and balance them I think. I hope your issue of mishapen front was a one off (I'm sure it was), I'll update you all on how they 'feel' on the road once they are fitted.

I was tempted to go E-09, but as I use my AT purely for commuting (65 miles a day, Billericay to London) it didn't makes sense, although I was sooooo tempted because without nobblies the AT doesn't look fully dressed :p

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fairly sure it was a one off as the new one I fitted is fine - rode the bike today and they are fine - didn't push them but they ride well.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I have not had any of these problems with the Heidenau K60s, which are similar to the E-07s

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I have not had any of these problems with the Heidenau K60s, which are similar to the E-07s
I struggle to get my front tyre to sit proper on the GSA,still losing air:rolleyes:
Why? Fit them yourself - usefull skill to have.
So true,especially with tubed tyres.Helps with punctures.Dont have that problem with the GSA as she is tubeless.:thumbup:
Not sure but i might get a set of E-07 for the Alp.Its going to be Heidie's or mitas.Since i got the Heidie's on the GSA i fancy the mitas for the Alp:toothy7:

Choices,soooooooo many choices:teeth:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont have that problem with the GSA as she is tubeless.:thumbup:

Yeah but if you do get a flat, if you carry a spare tube, you can technically repair at the road side in miminal time!

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Yeah but if you do get a flat, if you carry a spare tube, you can technically repair at the road side in miminal time!
Yeah but if the GSA get a puncture i dont have to take the wheel of and it only takes 5 min;) thats why i think all adventure bikes should be tubeless:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure but i might get a set of E-07 for the Alp.Its going to be Heidie's or mitas.Since i got the Heidie's on the GSA i fancy the mitas for the Alp
I have a rear EO7 sat in my garage doing nothing if you are interested.It's a 130/80-17,I had it on my 600 Alp for a while.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have just got the 07s to fit here. Will let you know.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
My current Avon Distanza's are tubeless (well that's what they say on the side anyway). These were on my bike when I bought it mid 2010, could it be that I have tubes inside? Can you fit tubes inside tubeless tyres without rim modifications? :confused:
Are the Mitas E-08's I've just bought (which are still in transit), suitable for my AT wheels? ****e, I'm a little worried now that I've gone a bought the wrong tires

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
My current Avon Distanza's are tubeless (well that's what they say on the side anyway). These were on my bike when I bought it mid 2010, could it be that I have tubes inside? Can you fit tubes inside tubeless tyres without rim modifications? :confused:
Are the Mitas E-08's I've just bought (which are still in transit), suitable for my AT wheels? ****e, I'm a little worried now that I've gone a bought the wrong tires
You can run tubless tyres with tubes in. The Heidenaus I have are marked up tubeless purely because they don't do a speed rated AT size in tubed tyres

The big advantage is they are radials and have stiffer sidewalls so can be pushed much harder into corners without the tyre deforming. The other advantage is they don't need balancing

They are harder to fit but can be done by yourself. If you value your knuckles and skin get someone with better fitting kit than just levers to do it

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are harder to fit but can be done by yourself. If you value your knuckles and skin get someone with better fitting kit than just levers to do it

Just a knack thats all, however, in my learning curve there was one episode involving my head, a tyre lever, lots of blood, butterfly stitches and NO sympathy from the wife!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just a knack thats all, however, in my learning curve there was one episode involving my head, a tyre lever, lots of blood, butterfly stitches and NO sympathy from the wife!
been there :thumbleft:

like ya said there's a knack and its well worth learning how to do

1 - 20 of 26 Posts