Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
funny, if just been doing research into them as well, and they seem to be some of the longest wearing and best priced of the options. i did however mostly look at the E 07 and E 09. it looks like the E 07 is a very good option for on/of and some report over 20 000kms on them!? have a look at the previous post as well. some more descriptive info on the south african site, with some reviews of top SA riders.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
address for the SA site?

·
Registered
255 Posts
E09 are very nice tyres, as long as you do not get on wet grass. In other conditions they are nice handling both on/off road. but they last up to 8000 km if you are gentle on a throttle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
mate, look at the link and chat i had with lootch about my 2000km blowout. gonna go for the mitas for sure after lots of research!

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
E09 are very nice tyres, as long as you do not get on wet grass. In other conditions they are nice handling both on/off road. but they last up to 8000 km if you are gentle on a throttle.
good to know.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Look at Heidenau K60's aswell btu look at the 140 rear not the 130 (slightly different tread pattern)

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Look at Heidenau K60's aswell btu look at the 140 rear not the 130 (slightly different tread pattern)

Here in South Africa, they tend to de-laminate. Does it happen up there?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have mitas e-08 front & rear and they are great tires
also cheap in my country (israel)

Thanks and welcome to the forum - you might wanna say hello with pics of your (I assume) AT.:thumbright:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did assemble yesterday E-09 to rear. I haven't driven it yet but I assume it is quite similar to Karoo.

I have had E-07 in DR and 08 in GS, both were fine.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Here in South Africa, they tend to de-laminate. Does it happen up there?
This has happened to me but it was my fault. I was altering the rear shock and set the preload to hard and I was riding it mostly between 6 - 8000 rpm.

I was chasing a few GSXRs and an R1, who, it turned out were all doing the same shock setting and testing on the same set of roads near me. I was having a great time, lifting the front wheel on roundabout exits, scraping the footpegs etc, till I pulled over with them in a lay by for a chat. I looked at my rear tyre and the very outer and near outer knobblies had all started to crack away from the carcase

Had to back off the preload and buy a new rear tyre:rolleyes:

Not had any problems since then but I have had to calm down a bit

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
This has happened to me but it was my fault. I was altering the rear shock and set the preload to hard and I was riding it mostly between 6 - 8000 rpm.

I was chasing a few GSXRs and an R1, who, it turned out were all doing the same shock setting and testing on the same set of roads near me. I was having a great time, lifting the front wheel on roundabout exits, scraping the footpegs etc, till I pulled over with them in a lay by for a chat. I looked at my rear tyre and the very outer and near outer knobblies had all started to crack away from the carcase

Had to back off the preload and buy a new rear tyre:rolleyes:

Not had any problems since then but I have had to calm down a bit
Lifting the front? Have you got a bolt on turbo?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Lifting the front? Have you got a bolt on turbo?
I'm on standard gearing but it happens when I'm on full chat but still cranked right over with 6500-7000rpm

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought today - will fit when delivered and let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you :)
well i dont now how to say it but i didnt took any photo of my AT yet....
but i will give me a few days
anyway my AT is 96 model, with 112,000 km and runs great.
this kind of bike is a very new concept for me the last one i had was honda cbf 250.
so im still learning how to handle this bike
it is very havey for me my weight is 60 kg
but im very happy to have it, and to join you'r forum...
i realy hope to travel with it in europe

·
Registered
262 Posts
ha ha! finally got my E09's today! yee ha! also got he shop owner convinced to import direct, so good prices coming. they really look the dogs, but with the heavy duty sidewalls i see im gonna have a job anna half getting this booger fitted! will give feedback as soon as honey is back on the road:thumbup:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but with the heavy duty sidewalls i see im gonna have a job anna half getting this booger fitted!

Get a bigger lever!!!:D

Don't do what I did on the KTM though - wedged the lever under the disc and wiggled the other one - the lever under the disc came loose and with all the power only a tyre under tension can muster it clobbered me on the noggin full pelt! KO'd me for a second or two - blood pissing out and within seconds a lump the size of an egg.

Staggered into the kitchen calling for the mrs (a nurse) and got laughed at!!

Mind you, she fixed me up with a couple of butterfly stitches and then I carried on fitting the tyre!

·
Registered
262 Posts
serves you right for having a nurse as a missus! they'll never give sympathy! tempted to use car levers, but feel that will be cheating:D gonna have to do it one day out there ya know! change tyres i mean. will tell you all about it tomorrow......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts