Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Pretty sure this question has been asked before.
Thinking about changing tyres and was looking to purchase the mitas E07 plus. The only issue is that mitas front tyre profile is 110 not 100. Does anyone knows if going that up is an issue?
Cheers
Adasilva

·
Registered
19 Posts
Adsilva, Are you already running 50/50 tyres on your bike? Or are you making the switch and looking for those who have used them? Btw, you are right, mine are E07 not plus.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Morgan. No. At the moment I am using anakee 3. Which to be honest is a good tyre for road and light gravel. But I am planning to start going off road but nothing too serious and based on the reviews I have read mitas E07 plus is a good tyre for both off and on road. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Adsilva, I looked on my bike again, and it has an E07+ on the back. Mitas say this:
"A variety of tests on different motorcycles and under different conditions confirmed that E-07+ is fully compatible with E-07. They can be fitted as a pair (e.g. E-07 front, E-07+ rear)".
Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey morgansofas
Thanks for the info. It's nice to know that as I can then combine them. Thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for replying. How do you find them? I only found 100 on E07 not on E07+
Adsilva, I have now tried my bike on the road with the Mitas tyres (E07 front, E07+ rear). Bear in mind I haven't ridden the bike with anything else and they are new tyres, so was being very careful around the twisties! I could feel and tell I had 50/50 tyres on compared to road, wasn't as smooth and I imagine greater rolling resistance with the Mitas. However, the bike was still very comfortable on quiet roads, motorways and countryside twisties. I understand the Mitas tyres are a fairly hard compound, so should be long lasting. The bike felt sure footed to me, but as I said I have very limited experience to compare them with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi morgansofas.
Thanks for let me know. I read that they feel much better after a few 100 miles on. Let me know how you find them off road.
I did purchase them last Sunday so waiting to get them delivered. I did went for the same set up as yours E07 front and E07+ back. As I did not want to use a different profile.
Hope they are as good as all the reviews says.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Adsilva, TBH, I have only just passed my bike test, so won't be off roading yet! The Alp came fitted with the tyres. Likewise, I'm interested in how you get on with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi morgansofas.
Cool. Welcome to the bike world! Will post about it once I get them fitted. Would be interested to see how different they feel from my current set.
Take care and stay safe.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello
I’ve got on my front 07 dakar and rear 07 plus i’ve been riding last year some offroad at Albania and i’m really happy. This set of tyres is really good on gravel and mud as well. On motorway they are little bit noisy but i felt safe. I think that is best set of tyres in that price.
Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Mazak.
May I ask you guys what pressure your running those tyres?
Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts