Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, anybody own/tried the Shoei Multitech ? You know, the flippy-up one.

As Scotty said, ye cannae change the laws of physics, so I suspect that it's quite noisy at speed. Comments please...........

TIA, Shorty

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Ok, anybody own/tried the Shoei Multitech ? You know, the flippy-up one.

As Scotty said, ye cannae change the laws of physics, so I suspect that it's quite noisy at speed. Comments please...........

TIA, Shorty
I bought the Multitech a few weeks ago, and absolutely love it. Behind a Powerbronze flip sceen on my @ it's quieer than my Shoei XR1000.

And now I have Xanders donated standard screen :)thumbleft: ) it's still quieter.

I do find this strange as on a naked bike my XR1000 is the quietest thing since quiet things were invented, but I guess the airflow around the Multitec, in conjunction with the @ screen just seems to work well.

It's currently with Autocom having all the headset installed, and I can't wait to get it back.

Thoroughly recommended :p

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Maybe she was hoping to see VSH's helmet... no that can't be right!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Right, well two things spring to mind...

1)
She'd have to get on her knees to see that...
Oh yea snigger if ya like, but even I have to :p

and
2) At least I've got one sensible answer so far - thanks Stormforce8

(I mean it's not like I brought on myself by starting a silly named thread or anything :dontknow:)

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
And getting back to the original point of the thread.

I'm a convert to flip lids and my last three helmets have been this type....
BMW System , Caberg and a Nolan. I would highly recommend them , very convenient you can have a conversation with folks without them constantly EH ? EH? EH? because they can't see yer mooth moving !!!

Are they noisier ? they have to be noisier than a good aerodynamic full face considering all the sticky oot bits around the hinge mechanism that are right next to your ears. Balance that with the convenience of being able to do a quick stop for a paper/petrol/**** and not having to remove your lid.

I love flips and would not go back to a full face.

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that WJ, most interesting....there's a bloke at work who hasn't used his helmet much and says that if I make it worth his while I can have a go with it.

Why is everybody sniggering ?? ....oh you lot are terrible. And it's a Caberg FOR GOODNESS SAKE. :rolleyes:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Thanks for that WJ, most interesting....there's a bloke at work who hasn't used his helmet much and says that if I make it worth his while I can have a go with it.

Why is everybody sniggering ?? ....oh you lot are terrible. And it's a Caberg FOR GOODNESS SAKE. :rolleyes:
:D :D :D :D :D for what started out as a serious thread this is splitting my sides:D

vsh ive heard some very good reports on the caberg flip and its a darn site better priced than the competition:cool:

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
you forgot all the other reasons to use a flip front lid.....

you can still snog the missus with it on
you can down a drink or choccy bar at the garage without the need to get unkitted...
you dont get asked to take it off at most garages and shops..

and while while stood in the side of a busy road gettind a right bollocking from a copper (i know this one well) you can flip it up and he can see his message is getting through......

oh and vomit is easy !

Roy

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Is there a "flip lid" with a removable flipper bit to convert to an open face lid?

or am I being stoopid?
No your not being stupid - the BMW system does that. Converts to an Open face and an Enduro style.

But like everything else BMW , this flexibility comes at a price.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Yeah, the system 5 converts to an open face.. but it the system 4 that converts for an enduro style.. Right now i wish i went with the s4.. (I went with the s5 to get the blue tooth coms.. but it has failed to come on the market... NOT HAPPY .. other then that love the helmet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts