Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The government is consulting on training and testing and compulsory insurance for mobility scooters but is also asking of they should be allowed in bus lanes.

I like all the former ideas but that last one sounds like a recipe for disaster.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just spotted this bit in the consultation:
There may be a case for a new classification for "off-road" vehicles, but further consideration of what regulations should be applied to these vehicles is needed.
Do you think their idea of off-road is the same as ours? Will TKCs fit?:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
No worse than Pedicabs Whealie.....and better insured methinks.

I checked these out for my Mum at one stage. I got the impression that only certain types could legally use the road anyway.

'Course in London, by the time we've utilised all the spare parts from a percentage of mad cyclists they may not need the mobility scooters...

Medical advances an' all that.......:angel5:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I like this part,
Offences Against the Person Act 1861 (drivers of carriages injuring persons by furious driving) may apply. Section 35 says this –
“Drivers of carriages injuring persons by furious driving 35. Whosoever, having the charge of any carriage or vehicle, shall by wanton or furious driving or racing, or other wilful misconduct, or by wilful neglect, do or cause to be done any bodily harm to any person whatsoever, shall be guilty of a misdemeanour, and being convicted thereof shall be liable, at the discretion of the court, to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding two years, with or without hard labour.”.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Those things are a definite menace on the pavement.
Will they be allowed to travel without lights, ignoring red traffic lights and just stopping when and wherever they choose?

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Those things are a definite menace on the pavement.
Will they be allowed to travel without lights, ignoring red traffic lights and just stopping when and wherever they choose?
I don't see why not, they already do it!:rolleyes:

Andy.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Bob one legs uses his mobility vehicle to ride any where he wants any way. Have you tried to keep up with him.:D:D:D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
The government is consulting on training and testing and compulsory insurance for mobility scooters but is also asking of they should be allowed in bus lanes.

I like all the former ideas but that last one sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Get them all in the bus lanes and then cut the brake lines on the buses, these people pensioners have no road sense at all and even less when they are on the pavement , so let them all get run over and save us the tax payers a fortune in old age pension.......:mad::mad::mad:.

But thats only my view:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Get them all in the bus lanes and then cut the brake lines on the buses, these people pensioners have no road sense at all and even less when they are on the pavement , so let them all get run over and save us the tax payers a fortune in old age pension.......:mad::mad::mad:.

But thats only my view:thumb::thumb::thumb:
A better solution would be fit a towbar to the buses and tie the scooters to the rear. It would stop them annoying everyone else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts