Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title say's it all really. Only two minor riding points. Took the bike to work this afternoon, its 'Kin awsome :toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8:

wizard

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mod 2 ... paseed today

Thank you , the header should have read passed not "paseed" bit to excited...

wizard

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Must be a great buzz to be in your position. 42 years ago I got that buzz. After the statutory process is complete a bike safe or IAM course is a great way to round things off. Enjoy the freedom.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

Well done young laddie

·
Señor Member
748 Posts

Good news, you'll love the bike even more with a few miles under your belt, just watch it in the excitement of passing the test!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
let the fun begin, well done. :toothy10:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well done, now you can go to the Welsh Invasion! if MOM lets you. Take care and enjoy

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Hey congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Of course the learning really starts here but it's just so good to know that you're learning for yourself and to improve your skills sand safety rather than to have to pass a test. Well done, now ride safe and enjoy! :thumbup::cool:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well done Mr Wizard, quick as well, barely 2 months from thinking of doing your test to Africa Twin ownership.
Top marks.
You are not that far away if you fancy meeting up sometime drop me a line.
I would also reccomend looking in the Bikesafe scheme.
Run by Mr Plod as he is tired of pulling guys of a certain age out of hedges. No pomposity just good quality tuition on safe riding, not 'slow' riding.
I got back on two wheels after a long break and was glad I took part.
Cheap as well.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well done Mr Wizard - I can still remember the feelings of excitement when I passed mine - I bet you are feeling on top the world :iconbiggrin:......lots of adventures awaiting you now :thumbleft:

:sunny:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well done Sir!

As already mentioned, a test pass allows you on the road, that is where the learning really starts so enjoy it and stay safe.

Maybe we'll all see you and your bike at the national.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Let me add my congratulations as well, as has been said in other posts the real learning starts now. Don't let the excitement give you a false sense of security. The cagers are still out to get you.

Sent using Stumps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi All
Thanks for all the great comments. I was thinking of doing a bikesafe style thing but I'll leave it for a bit. I,ve had two months of stress just getting a licence......1982 was the last time I took a driving test !
Clocked up 180 miles in 2 days though.:king:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Hi All
Thanks for all the great comments. I was thinking of doing a bikesafe style thing but I'll leave it for a bit. I,ve had two months of stress just getting a licence......1982 was the last time I took a driving test !
Clocked up 180 miles in 2 days though.:king:
Good effort on miles under the belt with a full licence Wizard, don't let the stress thing put you off though, taking your advanced test is completely unlike the standard bike test, the examiner will be a bike nut who Actually wants to pass you, if you go down the IAM route you'll be paired with another bike nut who is gagging to help you pass the advanced test, I learnt a lot from my observer and the retired bike cop that I had for the test was great, really really friendly.

Can't recommend it enough!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts