Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried getting a multibike quote for the Transalp & Transrat a while ago, after listing some of the changes made to the Transrat, the quotes became astronomical.

Essentially, it has had the fairing/clocks/tailpiece removed and aftermarket ones fitted and a different exhaust.

My insurance is due for renewal soon - any tips & 'understanding' insurers out there.

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Bikesure seemed to be the most knowledgable about real life modifications rather than a knee jerk reaction to increase the premium for a non performance or value adding change - like removing the fairing.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
try ebike - i have a modified busa insured with them

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I found speaking to the insurer over the phone a big help, they went off and spoke to the underwriters while I was on hold and came back with an answer.Some of the drop down boxes don't contain the right answers or the questions are a bit ambiguous so I fill them in as best as I can so I have a reference number when I call them and the info is in front of the customer services so I don't have to go all through it again.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
As BT says, the tick box insurance just won't work for anything non-standard (I'd argue it probably doesn't work for those either).

Email or speak to someone. PM Bikesure and he'll get someone to call you to talk it through.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Another thing I'd recommend is the renewal notice from the previous insurer, don't lose it!
If the bike was modified and insured the previous year the new insurer can get confirmation of the old insurance details and especially the no claims bonus. I keep the renewal notice for at least a year to prove my NCB as hastings gave me nothing but greif this year by knocking me down to 1 years and charging me an admin and the when I pointed out the same underwriters insured me they tried to charge me another admin fee to re-instate the NCB and refund the admin fee! Work that one out if you can An admin fee charge for refunding an admin fee!!

My only must do advice, Get it all confirmed by email and then writing so they can't say you didn't tell them about any modifications and accessories you have and they can't wriggle away if you claim.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was looking at modifying my RD04 to 'Marathon' spec.....
I spoke to Carole Nash Insurance.....decided it was a non starter
I've been with Carole NASH since it was a one woman band run from her garage
(1982 ish) never had any problems until I asked for a 'custom' quote
Looks like the RDO4 will remain standard:thumbup:

:thumbup:

·
Insurance Advisor
178 Posts
I was looking at modifying my RD04 to 'Marathon' spec.....
I spoke to Carole Nash Insurance.....decided it was a non starter
I've been with Carole NASH since it was a one woman band run from her garage
(1982 ish) never had any problems until I asked for a 'custom' quote
Looks like the RDO4 will remain standard:thumbup:

:thumbup:
If you would like Bikesure to look into any available options, you know where I am.

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts