Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night after we had made sure Twinkletoes was Ok after the little fall we decided to take a trip on the bikes today. Mini Mabel had already planned a visit to her grandmothers which meant we could take all day. Unfortunately when we came to pack the bikes this morning we found we had a little visitor who insisted on coming along.

We got the bikes out of the garage and agreed that monkey could come but only if he was very very good.

We headed up towards neath and then travelled over to Brecon across the mountain road. Once at Breacon we went over to Builth wells and towards Rhyader when it started to rain so before we got there we stopped at the Halt Cafe for a quick cuppa.

I put my waterproofs on there but Mr Mabel decided it would be fine, at Rhyader following a hail storm he changed his mind.

From Rhyader we headed over to St Harmon and from there to Llanidloes we went to Newtown and Welshpool over the mountain road to Oesatrythen to Llangollen where we stopped on the Horseshoe Pass for some lunch and another cup of tea.

We then rode down the horseshoe pass to Bala where we turned left over the mountain road and to Bwlch Yr gros where Monkey wanted to look at the scenery for a little while.

Down to Dynas Mwyddy and then to Machynlleth From there we followed the mountain to a resevoir over the Dam to Nant yr Mych where monkey again insisted on stretching his legs and having a bit of a rest.

We then headed south to Devils bridge and then followed the A roads to Tregaron then to Lampeter and then onto Camarthen.

We stopped in the McDonalds at Camarthen for a hot chocolate then had a bit of a panic when we got back to the bikes - Monkey was gone.

After a frantic search we find the little terror curled up in my top box with his teddy bear.

He was very tired so we headed down the motorway home.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Got a few more pictures

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I hope monkey wasn't up to no good in the top box with Teddy!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Monkey could start something here :D .

IanS

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
It's amazing how Mr Monkey looks just like Jason.....:clown:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like you had a really nice day out there, nice empty roads, lovely countryside...heaven.
Looking forward to getting out for a nice spin sooooooooon:p

·
luddite
1,814 Posts

part of me wants to say "brilliant ride report, top notch!" & 'tother part of me wants to look up the number of the nearest nuthouse...:munky2: :laughing6:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Stoopid monkey's got no sense of smell, he's hiding in one of your sealskin socks:confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
On another thread we were being asked how we knew a bike was been ridden by a lady biker and I chucked in my 2p worth by saying they were the ones with various teddies and gonks on show.

M'lud the case for the defence, rests.

nice trip report though !!

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Sort of reminds me of that long distance canoeist(?) from California who stole a tacky plastic pink flamingo from his neighbours garden and took it with him on a trip paddling across Canada and, subsequently, on a trip on UK waterways. He made films about his trips and the flamingo was always in shot somewhere.:cool:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
And you ask how we tell a woman biker from the men?:clown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts