Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out this sunday with some dudes from a bike club in almeria. i knew one of them owns a bike shop and a few years ago was a honda franchised shop until the doodah hit the fan economy wise in spain. we were chatting about bikes and i told him i was thinking about getting an AT, the conversation went something like this- me: i'm thinking of getting an AT, him: why dont you wait for the new one? me:i cant afford it and there is no new one. him with a smile: wait after the dakkar race, if honda wins, there will be a lot of dealers with part-exchanges they expect from honda main dealers this summer, if honda dont do well, wait a bit then ditto. the shop floor will be full of adventure type bikes from people that must have the latest tool and the dealers will be trying to off-load quick before the novelty wears off.
me: so there IS a new AT!
him: i didnt say that!

he then goes of for a pee break and i never got a chance to chat to him again. maybe he was winding me up. maybe my spanish is not that good. he could have been telling me he knew an african queen once for all i know! what ever, it that joan barreda wins, i will be keeping an eye out in the spanish bike press for any releases so i can go and see (can't buy unfortunately) it in the show rooms. if there is one.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I think he was telling you the truth Mark........not long to wait now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts