Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liskeard barber's megaphone parking warden alerts silenced.

So, there's this enterprising barber who was using a megaphone to warn local shoppers of parking wardens in the area, and the council have put him on a "cautionary list" of people they see as a threat to their workers' health and safety.

Yeah right! More like they were annoyed at missing out on parking fines.

Yet another excuse that devalues genuine Health and Safety.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Ex seagoing truck driver
357 Posts
Liskeard (unless it has changed radically since I lived in the area) is a dump, dunno why anyone would want to go there in the first place.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
If I wrote to the chief exec of my council and said "I have put your name and address on my list" I'd have call from the police for harassment and threatening behaviour.

It's a joke.

I had a bloke threatening me in my street, threatened to have me killed while he was away in Birmingham etc. Threatened my family. When the police went round to see him he came round the moment they had gone and threatened me again for going to the police (I called them back, though you can imagine how useful that was).

I just started confronting the guy in the street every time he threatened me and loudly asking if other passers by had witnessed him threatening me. He got his lawyer (why do these scumbags always have their own lawyers) to make a harassment claim against me and the police duly came round and told me not to accuse him of threatening me in the street.

What a fantastic society we have.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Liskeard (unless it has changed radically since I lived in the area) is a dump, dunno why anyone would want to go there in the first place.
That made me laugh:D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If I wrote to the chief exec of my council and said "I have put your name and address on my list" I'd have call from the police for harassment and threatening behaviour.

It's a joke.

I had a bloke threatening me in my street, threatened to have me killed while he was away in Birmingham etc. Threatened my family. When the police went round to see him he came round the moment they had gone and threatened me again for going to the police (I called them back, though you can imagine how useful that was).

I just started confronting the guy in the street every time he threatened me and loudly asking if other passers by had witnessed him threatening me. He got his lawyer (why do these scumbags always have their own lawyers) to make a harassment claim against me and the police duly came round and told me not to accuse him of threatening me in the street.

What a fantastic society we have.
It's sad that law abiding people get no real help from the fuz yet crims get human rights on their side.
You can't win any which way.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That made me laugh:D
This is no laughing matter;) I'll have you know that Liskeard is on the up. During the last year it has had the Mary Portas treatment. Result should be on your screens shortly. My mate Geoff the butcher, a Triumph rider, has a star role (so he tells me):thumbup:

·
Ex seagoing truck driver
357 Posts
Think it'll take more than Mary Portas to cure Liskeard! No Cornishmen were harmed in the making of this statement. No offense to Geoff, there's a lily in every pond.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just seen the barber on 'Spotlight' Seemed a nice guy - not at all thrreatening.

·
Ex seagoing truck driver
357 Posts
The Council letter to the barber made it sound like he had been behaving such that their employees (the traffic wardens) felt threatened with physical violence, whereas I suspect it was them who approached him trying to get him to stop the warnings. 'Course this might all just be a ploy to turn Liskeard into a tourist trap by inventing a new local 'character'. Anyone remember Jim the Fish who paid his rent or rates or whatever by writing his cheque on the side of a rather large smelly piece of sealife.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
The Council letter to the barber made it sound like he had been behaving such that their employees (the traffic wardens) felt threatened with physical violence, whereas I suspect it was them who approached him trying to get him to stop the warnings. 'Course this might all just be a ploy to turn Liskeard into a tourist trap by inventing a new local 'character'. Anyone remember Jim the Fish who paid his rent or rates or whatever by writing his cheque on the side of a rather large smelly piece of sealife.
Traffic wardens are coached to make out like they feel threatened and intimidated and to put in complaints the minute anyone argues with them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
A friend of mine had a slight altercation with a traffic warden when he first moved up from to London from Cornwall.

My friend is no saint but he is polite and not easily aggrieved but the traffic warden was so rude and aggressive and finally involved him raising his finger over my friends mouth and saying shut up!

Sadly in doing this he had walked forward behind the van and out of sight of all witnesses/cameras around and resulted in the traffic warden 'slipping' backwards onto the floor with great force and an extremely shocked expression - maybe harassing the general public and being rude should also be addressed by health and safety?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts