Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My niece is a Chemistry teacher in London and one of the experiments that the kids love to do is the Screaming Jelly Baby which involves putting a jelly baby in a test tube along with some heated potassium wassitsname. The resulting reaction is somewhat lively to say the least.

Well they have been informed that they must only use red and green jelly babies as black or yellow ones being used could cause offence to some of the students (I'd suggest more likely those in race relations with too much time on their hands)

Madness I tell you

Reactions: j

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I find that offensive to Red Indians and Aliens!!!!!:rolleyes:

These people need to get out more......

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I find that offensive on behalf of the red indians......racist barstewards:D after all they are about as red as a jelly baby as the chinese yellow

sod it kitped beat me to it

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
My niece is a Chemistry teacher in London and one of the experiments that the kids love to do is the Screaming Jelly Baby which involves putting a jelly baby in a test tube along with some heated potassium wassitsname. The resulting reaction is somewhat lively to say the least.

Well they have been informed that they must only use red and green jelly babies as black or yellow ones being used could cause offence to some of the students (I'd suggest more likely those in race relations with too much time on their hands)

Madness I tell you

Don't get me started on the racism bandwagon, i'm considering become a racist just so i can keep up with what were being accussed of all the time.. perhaps if we all do that all the people that accuse us of being racist could then exercise there Human Rights ( as they tent to like to moan about them aswell) to use all out Ports and Airport and go back to a country where they would be happy.................Could they actually find a country more tolerant than GB:happy10::happy10::happy10::happy10:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
This is a genuine concern for those who are easily offended.

Jellybabyarianism
involves the practice of following a diet that includes fruits, vegetables, cereal grains, nuts, and seeds, meats with or without dairy products or eggs. A Jellybabyarianism does eat meat, including game, poultry, fish, crustacea and shellfish. A Jellybabyarianism is not allowed to eat any product that is made from the Harry Bro and may also abstain from any by-products dipped in the potassium wassitsname as it turns them purple, causing offence to Scottish people at beaches in hot countries.

Reactions: sean

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Could they actually find a country more tolerant than GB

No they could not and that's the fekkin problem, poxy do gooders have screwed the country too far. I'm surprised they can still sell jelly babies, I normally eat the heads first, dont know why I just get pleasure out of ripping heads off things regardless of colour.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I was having a joke with someone at work and got reported because it offended someone else.
My answer as "What were they doing eves dropping on someone else's conversation?"

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Years ago when I worked for CCE, someone would come in and ask for a black and white film. This was about the time PC was going mad, so I would jokingly say "Ahh, you mean spectrically challenged film sir?":D

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
F\/ck em.. we live in a free country (they'd have you belive anyway) and i say what i want.

The little ones usually come out with the best, like at a hairdressers and if the barber/hair dresser is black you can count on them to make some comment, allbeit innocent. I can't understand why anyone gets upset, you are black and the child is simply curious, i would happily explain (in front of them) why they are a different colour, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If they take offence then thats not my problem and if they say anything to me i'll ask them why they are upset, are they not proud of where they come from? (and by that i mean there grandparents etc, who may be jamaican or african etc) and if not then why?

You aren't even allowed to say black anymore, apparently it's coloured, well we are all coloured aren't we? Do we have to carefully study a persons skin to determine the exact shade now for fear of offence, i tihnk i'll just stick to i'm white and someone esles may be black, it's good enough for me. We aren't even white are we if truth be known so i may demand to be refered to as coloured or some other crap i can think of.

as far as i'm concerned there is no such thing as PC, i certainly won't change for any fooker and if someone takes offence then tough titty, thats there problem, not mine.

fekkin jelly babies... for fek sake man.

Incredible Hulks gonna be peeved aint he.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Stone Crazy
5,321 Posts
I once heard something on tv that made me giggle and think, actually thats right.

It was this: "If we all keep shagging each other, we'll all be the same colour eventually"
Well DC this was early seventies, so that quote is nothing new mate

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Every one has a coloured Telly.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
F\/ck em.. we live in a free country (they'd have you belive anyway) and i say what i want.

The little ones usually come out with the best, like at a hairdressers and if the barber/hair dresser is black you can count on them to make some comment, allbeit innocent. I can't understand why anyone gets upset, you are black and the child is simply curious, i would happily explain (in front of them) why they are a different colour, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If they take offence then thats not my problem and if they say anything to me i'll ask them why they are upset, are they not proud of where they come from? (and by that i mean there grandparents etc, who may be jamaican or african etc) and if not then why?

You aren't even allowed to say black anymore, apparently it's coloured, well we are all coloured aren't we? Do we have to carefully study a persons skin to determine the exact shade now for fear of offence, i tihnk i'll just stick to i'm white and someone esles may be black, it's good enough for me. We aren't even white are we if truth be known so i may demand to be refered to as coloured or some other crap i can think of.

as far as i'm concerned there is no such thing as PC, i certainly won't change for any fooker and if someone takes offence then tough titty, thats there problem, not mine.

fekkin jelly babies... for fek sake man.

Incredible Hulks gonna be peeved aint he.

Take a breath, calm down honey!!!

You are funny. I too hate all this PC poo. I have white mates, black mates (I was once told this is preferable to the word coloured!!), and Asian mates. My mates are determined by the people they are, and underneath the outer layer we're all the same colour inside. Of course there are the fkin do-gooders and those drifting around with a chip in some place, but generally I think most people irrespective of their colour just want to get on with their life and not be stereotyped.

I'm as guilty as the next bloke of the odd joke racist/sexist/homophobic comment under my breath, and would be mortified if I ever upset or offended a completely innocent bystander, BUT I don't consider myself a racist as I treat everyone as I find them, and would like to be treated myself.

I watched quite an interesting programme on Iplayer last night, and I would probably recommend any would-be racist, or person wondering what the hell our troops are doing in Afghanistan. watch it HERE

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jelly Babies?...I'll ask my sister - who is a 'lab tech' in a grammar school - what she thinks. I suspect that we would get away with any colour apart from orange or green, as 'cultural' offence causes more problems over here than racial offence (no offence intended...).

Joe

·
Registered
251 Posts
...I find that offensive on behalf of the red indians...
...and I take offence at your comment...on behalf of the Native American Tribes...who aren't Indian at all.

Joe

p.s. no offence intended towards 'proper' Indians...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jellybabyarianism
are they anything like the Pastafarians? maybe I'll stick that one down on my census form, as us Jedis don't get the same respect we used to...

Joe

p.s. I was looking forward to seeing another of BobA's not-quite-PC avatars...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts