Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
I never trust the bloody things even though i use one, the women in the office very often put the wrong postcode on the delivery tickets, or misspell the address, the combination of using a map, sat nav and if necessary google search on smart phone helps , but i find best is get a phone number and phone customer, only had one prat bugger me up once , gave me directions and there was 17 ton weight limit bridge 100 yards from his entrance, got there looked at map it was about a 10 mile round trip to get around the bridge. Had he told me I could have come in from the opposite direction and it was not much longer , anyhow the truck was 18 tons , that was a long 10 miles i drove around :D:D:D:D

·
Administrator
1,776 Posts
This one is simply a tale of a driver putting the wrong address in and it taking him where he said he wanted to go. It's not really the fault of the sat nav.
In fairness to the driver,Tywyn (on the west coast) was formerly known, at least for maps etc, as Towyn, and it's only relatively recently adopted (or re-adopted) the Welsh spelling. (I wasn't aware of another Towyn until now!)

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts