755 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Or indeed if "it" exists outside a fantasy?? :-D
There are too many rumours going about to not be in the making Steve, I've spoken to numerous Honda dealers and they all admit it is coming.
I will confess I'm getting sceptical now as Oct grows nearer and no spy photos have been leaked? To the best of my knowledge, the bike is to be shown at the Intermot show Oct this year so let's hope its not all fantasy!
I'm looking for a lighter replacement for my crosstourer in spring next yr so come on Honda!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How many bikes do you think they would sell if they brought out an identical bike to the RD07A. Carbs, no electronics just the same bike but maybe with a bit more power?

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Was speaking to a honda sales guy recently who told me that an evaluation model exists, (possibly even here in UK?), but it has been sent back to honda to rectify a major 'draw-back' some prodding for more info lead us down the route of range - the tank on it wasnt big enough compromising the range and to get more out of it would require a serious re-design because obviously the tank is pretty central to the build and looks of the bike, but the reassuring thing for me was that it does actually exist and I keep hearing the rumour that it may be available in 2 flavours like the Yammy Tenere/Super Tenere pair........................

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
unfortunately bikes require fuel injection to pass emission requirements and ABS is/will be a requirement in many countries and the electronics are the least reliable bits on most modern bikes (& cars)-the ECU/FI/ABS module is u/s that's £N for a new box!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I still love my RD04, was out last week with it and will continue to run it even if something else comes along. But back in the 90's @T owners were already asking for more comfort (the original seats are hard going!) and a bit more power, brake calipers and wheel rims not made of chocolate, Honda simply never really addressed these issues and have never replaced the bike.
The Varadero was too big, too heavy, the original ones were gutsy fuelwise and not really an @T replacement. The NC's are certainly not a replacement either, it's not an inbetween motorcycle that people want, it's a full blown adventure bike that will replace the original XRV Africa Twin.
Yamaha was so close with the XTZ Tenere 660, just needs a bit more power, better seat and a tad closer to the ground would be nice!
I hope Honda pull a blinder out of the bag, an allrounder, decent power for two up touring, capable of riding tracks and trails, 200+ mile tank range, bring it on Mr Honda!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I still love my RD04, was out last week with it and will continue to run it even if something else comes along. But back in the 90's @T owners were already asking for more comfort (the original seats are hard going!) and a bit more power, brake calipers and wheel rims not made of chocolate, Honda simply never really addressed these issues and have never replaced the bike.
The Varadero was too big, too heavy, the original ones were gutsy fuelwise and not really an @T replacement. The NC's are certainly not a replacement either, it's not an inbetween motorcycle that people want, it's a full blown adventure bike that will replace the original XRV Africa Twin.
Yamaha was so close with the XTZ Tenere 660, just needs a bit more power, better seat and a tad closer to the ground would be nice!
I hope Honda pull a blinder out of the bag, an allrounder, decent power for two up touring, capable of riding tracks and trails, 200+ mile tank range, bring it on Mr Honda!
Too true!
I had an 98 XTZ 660
Nice bike bar its weird tendency to guzzle oil occasionally.
And any thing over 80 and it ran out of puff.
The fuel pump was vacuum operated which is something mr Honda should have thought about.
Went into the side of a car and it came out all right bar a bit of cosmetic.
All right bike but I had no problem with selling it and getting the AT.
Best choice I ever made bike wise.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.